Chapter thirty-nine

Armani POV
There I was standing in the middle the lake waiting. The past couple of months have been a mess. After the war, Santi completely lost it.

He was having PTSD over what happened to his grandmother that day. He would have nightmares about his father, and would have heat flashes throughout the day.

He didn't seem interested in anything or anyone unless it was me. To say these past months have been easy would be an understatement.

He has gotten much better, he eats normal, he talks like he used to, he even started to laugh. We postponed our ceremony until this past weekend, and I am here waiting for my future husband to walk threw that aisle.

[one week ago]

"Baby, are you feeling okay?" I found my mate laying on the bed as usual. He has been like this ever since the fight.

"I am fine babe, doing much better actually."

I was glad, it has been a while since I had seen that smile of his. I make my way closer jumping next to him. He laid on my chest while he spoke.

"So I was talking to your dad, and I think we have come to a consensus."

I looked at him confused, what was he talking about and when did my dad speak to him?

"I want to do the ceremony, I feel as though I can't wait any longer. I will get better, with time, but I want to do it with you by my side officially."

I leaned down and kissed him. "Are you sure baby because we can wait. I just want to make sure you are 100%."

He positioned himself on top of me, "for sure."

[present]
The ceremony went off with a hitch, everyone was having a good time. Xavier, Mar and Dylan were there. I missed them they have also been through a lot, but I am happy to see them well.

Minutes seem like hours, but it finally starts. The music begins to play and everyone rises.

Then I see him the most beautiful creature in all of the world. He was being walked by Marcos. He dropped him off in front on me. I heard mar say congrats before walking off to Dylan.

The ceremony begins.....(I am going to skip the whole beginning and go to the vows...)

"Since the day I spotted you freshman year, I knew you were different. I always felt something for you, but could never put my head around it, until that day senior year at the last football game of the season. That's when I knew my world would turn upside down, in a great way. We had our challenges as all couples do, but we managed to pull through and here we are, two men, coming together in holy matrimony, and never better. I love you Santiago Angel Marino-Rodriguez Martinez and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

He started to tear up from my speech, but now it was his turn, so he took a deep breath and began:

"Since that day I met you in the lake, I knew something was going to happen, but I would have never expected my life to have turns out so great. We have endured hardship after hardship, but somehow some way we always find each other. I couldn't believe I lived 19 years without meeting you, but now I could never imagine my life without you. I love you Armani Marino-Rodriguez and I would love nothing more that to spend my life with you."

Dam I started to tear up during his speech, we faced back to the minister to finish the ceremony. We put our rings on each other and finally:

"You may kiss the groom!" I grab Santi, dip him, and kiss. He smiled while I placed my lips on his bring more joy into the moment. As we walk off we are greeted by two people, Santi's grandmother and his father.

"Grandma, Dad!" He hugged the spirit of his grandmother and father. "We came to say that we are proud of you, and I am sorry, I know what I did to all of you wasn't right, and I know I am getting the punishment I deserve, but I am truly sorry. And Mani take care of my son for me." I nod my head in compliance. He kiss his son on the cheek before leave back to the underworld.

"I am so proud of the man you have become." His grandmother hugs him before disappearing.

"Let's go baby." We make our way to the airport to fly to our honeymoon.

Hawaii