Chapter 2

After my psychology class was over Dee and I had an hour left before we had to go to work,

I loved school, and I never had any trouble with it and I absolutely loved the environment here at El Camino the people were nice and humble.

Dee and I decided to stop at subway before we worked our five hour shifts at Jim's diner. Luckily my mother was able to pick up my daughter and watch her after school.

"Girl you need to come to the club with me this week. It be a lot of fine niggas up at Club Splash," Dee said

Even though Dee and I had a lot of things in common and we were practically like sisters our personality was just totally different. Dee was more of a outgoing type,, back in high school se was always throwing parties and till this day she stayed partying. But I wasn't the party person, I didn't like going to the club because all people do is get drunk and hook up with random strangers.
And I couldn't do that, I had to set a example to my six year old daughter.

"Dee what am I gonna do at a club? All people do is get drunk and fuck. I don't need to be doing that." I said

"Shit you need too. I know you getting tired of bustin your own nut." Dee said with a laugh

"You think your funny?" I said as I playfully hit her on her arm.

"Girl you know it's the truth." Dee said

"I don't have time to be going out and partying. You don't have to take care of a six year old now do you?" I asked

"I know a lot of single mothers who still have a little time to party." Dee said

"Yeah and that's why half of these kids are out here thinking they grown. Dee you're not a mother yet so you wouldn't understand how I need to set an example for my daughter." I said.

"Yeah yeah whatever. So you're just gonna be a square for the rest of your life? Stella is gonna have to get her groove back." Dee said

"Ha ha. But I don't know Dee, maybe when Jazmine is a little older then maybe I'll start dating again, but as of now I'm gonna have to give that a break." I said.

I wished Dee was a little more understanding on what I was coming from, she wasn't a single mother so of course she didn't understand my point of view.

We got to work right on time and as usual Jim's diner was packed. Jim's diner was one of the best places to eat in Inglewood. I would often go home with some of the extra food that we had. I was thankful for that cause luckily I didn't have to cook most of the time.

"Ooh girl I see a fine dude over there sitting all alone. I think ima go take his order." Dee said.

"Now you know you don't need to be hollering at him. What happened to Marcus, I really liked him." I said.

"Ugh that nigga is weak. I like a man who can take control." Dee said

"Oh so you like them crazy niggas." I said.

"Not necessarily crazy.... But, you know what I mean." Dee said.

Dee was always going after the wrong men. Some would call her out of her name, she was even in a abusive relationship, and I stuck through it all with her.

I liked working at Joe's Diner, but it wasn't something I wanted to make out of a career. I wanted to be a counselor. I was always helping people out with their problems and I enjoyed doing that. But the funny thing about was that I was so good at helping people with their issues and I couldn't even solve my own.

I was getting off a little earlier than Dee, I had to catch the bus to my mom's house so I could pick up Jazmine. I checked my phone and I saw that I had three missed calls from Devon. I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone back in my purse.

I left the diner and I immediately got goose bumps from the chilly air. I put on my jacket and walked to the bus stop.

You can say it was kind of risky for me to be taking the bus at this time f the night, there were all kinds of crazy people at this hour but I always carried pepper spray with me just in case someone wanted to act stupid on me.

The bus pulled up and I got on, I saw of "studs" (I guess that's what you call them) one in particular was eyeing me down. I didn't have a problem with gay people, I think that everyone deserves equal rights. I have been hit on by a couple of women before but I always told them I was straight, i was flattered whenever that happened but I never really found girls attractive that way.

The bus pulled up to the street where my mom lives. I got off and walked to her house.

To me I think I have the best mother any person can ask for. She has always been there for and so supportive. But when she first found out that I was pregnant with Jazmine she was a little disappointed but soon she had got over it.

My mom was such a strong woman, after my dad died when I was eleven she always kept her head up even though that was one of the toughest situations in our lives.

I left myself in with my spare key. I saw my mom with Jazmine sleeping on her shoulder.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Oh hey baby." My mom said in a whisper

"I wanna thank you again for watching Jazmine for me." I said.

"Oh no problem sweetie, I'll do anything for my two babies." My mom said with a smile. "So how was school and work."

"Oh they were both fine. I was having a bad morning earlier today but I got over it." I said.

"What went wrong." My mom asked.

"Devon was suppose to take Jazmine to school today, and he didn't so I called him and he have me some lame excuse. Ugh I'm so tired of him!" I a said.

"Don't let him get you down May. Most young men seem to be arrogant these days." My mom said.

"I know mom, but he just needs to step and a be a better father. Jazmine is always asking when can she see her daddy, and I don't know what to tell her." I said.

"First you need to talk to him about that. I don't remember him acting like this a couple d years ago, he was always spending time with Jazmine. What's gotten into him now?" My mom asked.

"I think it's his new girls Trisha. She never liked me, and I think she's keeping him from seeing his own daughter." I said.

"How is he gonna let a girl come in between him and his daughter? Do want me to talk to him? Cause I'll talk some sense into him!" My mom said.

I laughed. "No mom you don't need to do that. I just have a talk with him next time he calls me. But I have to go now, I'm so tired I just need to be in my bed." I said as I yawned

"Ok I'll just see you later then." My mom said.

I took Jazmine from my mom, she was still sound asleep. I left the house and I walked to my apartment since it wasn't too at away.

I was so tired. All I wanted to do was to get a good night rest and luckily it was a Friday so I didn't have to get up early and take Jazmine to school.

I finally made it too my apartment, which was a one bedroom. Jazmine had the bedroom to herself and I slept in the living room. My bed was one of those pull out couches, and fortunately it was very comfortable

I put Jazmine's PJ's on and I tucked her into bed. I looked at her for awhile just admiring her cuteness. Even though she looked like me she had Devon's personality.

I changed into some mini shorts and a tank top. I put my long curly into a bun and washed the makeup off my face. I was a pretty girl, but there was some things that I didn't like. For instance I had wide hips, and even though some men like that about girls, I just didn't like about myself. But other than that, I loved my caramel skin, my pretty light brown eyes, I was about 5'3 so I was on the short side.

I went into the living room and pulled out my bed. I laid down and thought about some things, then I drifted off too sleep.

I know this chapter was a little boring but this is just the beginning, it will get interesting soon. Comment/vote plz