A Journey Through Time

"What do you want to drink, Syahmi?"
"As usual, please."

    This evening is very pleasant. The weather is not that scorching hot and not very gloomy. Sometimes the wind blows softly, giving the feeling of relaxation. The leaves of the trees looks like they're waving towards you when blew by the wind.

    Syahmi is sitting in a cafe located infront of a vast, green field. Taman Bakti Jaya Field. He remembered being there once, when he and his friends went camping there. What seperates the field and the cafe is a big road that connects the city and the village. There are not many people walking by this area today. Well, that's normal. It's Sunday. Most people just stay at home after a tiring week full of work.

    The field is now surrounded with many buildings. Syahmi remembered that there were no buildings surrounding the field when he was younger. But since now most people from the village decided to move to the city, more housing places need to be build to accommodate them. Also seen is a dentist, One Stop Superstore, a clinic, KFC and someplace familiar to him, Perkasa Taekwondo Training Centre.

    Syahmi is enjoying the view. He sipped his hot coffee that was served by the waiter. The aroma with the original taste makes him high of caffeine. At the same time, toast filled with strawberry jam and butter completes his dish. He is just having tea.

    Ahhh, it's been a while since I had tea like this. It's so refreshing.

    Sometimes he stares at the buildings surrounding the field. But, there's only one building he stares longer compared than the other buildings; Perkasa Taekwondo Training Centre. Syahmi looks at his Rolex watch gifted by his father for his birthday. It's 4.30 in the evening. His grins. I still can make it.

    He quickly stood up and walks to the counter to pay for his order. He wipes away the bread crumbs from his blue Puma T-shirt. He took his bag and paid for his order. When done, he dashes out of the cafe without asking for the change.

    "Thank you and keep the change!" He shouts at the waiter at the counter before moving on to his destination. It has been six years since he's been there. I wonder what happened to that place now.

------------------------

Syahmi arrived. A doormat which is written Welcome on it is still the same just like back then. He peeks through the window which is already dusty and covered with spider webs. Oh, nobody's here. He twisted the door knob only to know it's locked. Hmm, of course. What did I expect? Syahmi sat down and thinked. His left hand holding his chin giving a clear view that he is thinking. Will that thing still be there?

    Syahmi went back to the door. Looked down at the doormat and lifted it. Hehe, he still doesn't change. A bronze key is left laying under the mat this whole time. He took the key and took a closer look at it. This must be it. He tried opening the door with the key he found. Tekk! Success!

    Syahmi grinned, feeling proud that his memories are still fresh. "Hello?!" shouted Syahmi, wanting to know if someone's home. Looks like there's noone. He stepped in and closed the door shut. Sometimes he wondered why does this place doesn't have more security in it. Maybe this place doesn't store cash in it unlike most stores.

    Transactions that involve money are only for the monthly taekwondo fee and the taekwondo uniform. That is also done before or after training during many people are there in the building. If there is a thief, surely he'll get beaten to death! Or maybe the explanation is easy, Pusat Perkasa has no money to accommodate any security installment.

    Syahmi looked around. Up. Down. Left. Right. Every inch is still fresh in his memory. Just it's getting dustier and dull. The only black punching bag is still hung in the middle of the room. The whole room is still covered with sponge mats for the safety of the trainees who are training when they fall down. In a corner, there's a plastic container where all the training equipments are stored.