Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Alice’s POV

I froze against his touch and my whole body shut down. So I did the only thing I could do: I kissed him back. After a while a cough was heard and we broke apart.

“Well, I told you we would get a reaction.” Brook muttered. I turned to Kyle who looked as shocked as I did. We all just stood there, not knowing what to do.

“Err, guys? I’m still bleeding over here.” Steve said. My attention immediately went back to Steve.

“Do you think you need to go to the hospital?” I asked, bending down to check his wounds.

“Nah, it’s not that bad, but a lift home would be nice.” I shook my head sadly.

“I can’t drive.” I told him. I was legal to but I hadn’t past my test yet.

“I can. I haven’t drunk any alcohol; I’ll take him and whoever else wants to go home.” Kyle said. I nodded at him and helped Steve towards Kyle’s car.

“I reckon I’ve made a new record, two fights in less than ten minutes.” Steve laughed to himself.

“Yeah, sorry about that man.” Kyle sad, rubbing the back of his neck. Steve just shook his head.

“It’s alright, won’t be the last time I get battered.”

“Alice, I think you should come with us. We need to talk.” Kyle said, as I had slowly tried to walk away.

“Okay fine.” I sighed. I headed into the car and sat in the passenger seat. I put on my seatbelt and folded my arms. Did we really have to talk now? This night has already been too dramatic for my taste. Steve smiled at me from the back seat.

“Well, tonight has been eventful.” He said. “Probably best night of my life, after all I got to kiss you.” He joked, closing his eyes and relaxing. I shook my head, when Kyle came back in the car.

“Which will never happen again.” I told him, smiling back slightly.

“You’ll be begging to kiss me again.” He teased.

“I can’t really call it a kiss, since you got thrown across the room.” I joked back.

“Worth is anytime.”

“Maybe for you.” I muttered.

“Well you got what you wanted.” He told me

“How did I?”

“You got to kiss Kyle? We did this whole thing to piss him off.” Steve said, not realising Kyle was in the car. I froze. Shit.

“What?!” Kyle asked. Steve opened his eyes.

“Oh shit.” He mumbled.

“Good going idiot.” I mumbled. I glanced at Kyle and saw him grabbing the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white. Great we’ve pissed him off again! It’s alright for Steve he can go home and sleep; I have deal with Kyle’s anger issues.

The drive to Steve’s house was awkward and silent. Steve had tried to start up a conversation, but no one could really be bothered. Kyle stopped the car in front of Steve’s house and Steve heaved himself out the car. He gave me an apologetic look, but before he could say anything, Kyle drove off.

“We’re going to mine.” He told me, I nodded, as I took in Kyle appearance. He was wearing a simple light blue shirt and black jeans. Even though he wasn’t really dressed to impress he still looked gorgeous. He laughed.