Chapter 4

Luke's POV

As Chaos left the room, he messed up Percy's already messy hair.   We all had strong relationships with Chaos, but the bond between Chaos and Percy was definitely the strongest, I mean, Chaos was Percy's adoptive father.  

    I moved towards the door, thinking about what had happened.  I reached my room, walked in, and flopped down on my bed, too lazy to take off my armor or clothes.  The night's events replayed in my head.  I already had known about Percy's life, so that was nothing surprising.  It must have been shocking for the rest of the Warriors who hadn't known about Percy's treatment during his last days on Earth.  They had probably just figured that he'd died in battle or something.  Emma's story, however, was new to me.  I lay in bed, mulling over the crazy events of the night. I was trying to go to sleep, but a piece of my armor kept digging into my back, and it was getting annoying.  After a while, I sighed and got up to take off my armor.  I left my clothes that I was wearing underneath my armor on, and jumped back into bed, pulling the covers up.  After a couple of minutes of tossing and turning, I finally drifted into sleep.  

     "Luke." An all too familiar voice said.  I looked around, but everything was dark except for a small circle of light around me.  I tried to control my dream, but it was to no avail.  "You failed me once.  But, you can have a second chance.  I can give you everything you've ever wanted.  Power, respect, a family."  Kronos stepped out of the shadows.  Well, more like floated.  It looked like he hadn't found a host yet and was trying to rope me back in.  I wasn't going to let that happen.

     "Never.  I'm never helping you again!"  The amount of anger and fierceness in my voice seemed to surprise Kronos.  

     "But think of everything you can have.  Power, fame, riches-" Kronos said before I cut him off.

     "SHUT UP!  Just shut up!  I'm never helping you again!  I've made that mistake once, and I'm never making it again." I yelled.  Kronos got angry.  He got right up in front of me and put his hand around my neck.

     "You will help me, or I will slowly, painfully kill everyone you have ever loved." He seethed.  I had sudden, painful visions of Annabeth tied to a pole over a fire, screaming in agony; someone slowly cutting Thalia with a knife, her face unnaturally pale; the Chaos warriors being tortured in various ways.  I sunk to my knees, holding my head, trying to stop the visions.  Chiron with a bullet hole through his head; Camp Half-Blood burning to the ground.  

     "STOP IT!" I screamed, releasing so much energy that the visions stopped.  Kronos looked surprised and I used his momentary confusion to change my dream, something Chaos had taught all of the Warriors how to do.  I suddenly was in an empty warehouse.

     "Luke." Kronos said.  "Luke." The voice started changing to a girl's voice.  "Luke!  LUKE!" I was being shaken vigorously and I suddenly woke up in a cold sweat.  Zoë was standing in front of me, looking worried.  "Bad dreams?" She asked.  I nodded.  "Well, I just thought that thou should know that you have two hours until we leave for Earth."  I had been attempting to teach Zoë how to speak in modern day English.  Although she did sometimes say thou or thee, but she no longer used them in every sentence.  I nodded, sitting up.  Zoë left the room.  I smiled.  I'd had a crush on Zoë since I met her, but I tried to keep it a secret.  I was sure that Silena could tell, being a child of Aphrodite and all, and I thought that Percy was beginning to suspect something.  We had grown so close in the last couple centuries, we were pretty much brothers.  He had forgiven me about the whole hosting-Kronos-and-trying-to-tear-down-Olympus-brick-by-brick thing after about 100 years.  Man, can he hold a grudge.  

     I got up and walked around my room, pulling out my backpack.  It looked like an everyday backpack but I could fit however much I wanted in it.  I grabbed some of my cloaks, street clothes, ambrosia, and a couple of other necessities.  I put on my dark golden armor, and the cloak I had left out.  I didn't have to worry about overheating because the cloaks adjusted to whatever temperature we wanted.  I looked up at the clock on my wall and it read 10:14.  I decided to get in some last minute training in.  I walked into the training area and saw that a couple other warriors had the same idea.  I trained for an hour, then took a shower.  At about 11:30, I walked into the meeting room.  Percy, Zoë, Bianca, and Emma were already there.  Percy was completely zoned out, Zoë was reading, and Emma and Bianca were talking.  I walked over to Zoë and sat down next to her.