Prologue

Giovanni POV

"I came back from the doctor." Isabel said as she was riding next to me. I will admit I was concerned.

"Well? What is going on? Did she give you medicine?" I asked her. 

"Pretty much. She gave me prenatal vitamins." What?! I straightened my back and she laughed. "Gio....I'm two months pregnant."

"You're....you're pregnant?" Isabel nodded and laughed as I became more excited. "I'm going to be a dad?!"

"Yes! Gio yes! You're going to be a daddy!"

She laughed as I had the hugest smile on my face.

"Whoooohooooo!" I screamed in excitement. I laughed and got down from my horse. I helped the mother of child off of her horse. "I can't.....I never thought that I would be a father."

"Well, believe it my Gio." She placed my hand on her belly. "We're going to be a family."

I let out a hearty laugh and kissed her passionately as I held her forming baby bump. We kissed at the very same spot we met. 

"We got to tell everybody. The entire family." I smiled as I picked up my Bella and put her back on her horse. "I can cook for you."

"Gio baby. I don't think that is such a good idea."

"What?" I asked. "I worked on my cooking skills."

"You still can't boil water."

"Yes I can." I leaned close to her belly. "Don't listen to mommy. Your daddy can boil water and much more."

I got on my horse and we rode back to the ranch. I put the horses back into the corral. I fed them and gave them water. I smiled back at Isabel and walked inside the house.

"Now.....I'm going to cook." I said.

"Please don't burn the house down."

"It hurts and saddens me that you don't trust me."

"I trust you." She giggled. "Just scared you will burn down my kitchen."

I successfully turned on the stove and I added salt to the water making it magically boil.

"Ta Da!" Isabel laughed and smiled.

"You are too much." I boiled the spaghetti pasta, but Isabel had to step in to cook the rest. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder.

"I can't believe we're going to be a family." I said. "I thought you were getting sick."

"Well now we know that it's the baby being stubborn. Just like her father."

"Oh Jesus. Please don't say it's a girl then I would have to kill every man in sight." I laughed before I took a bite of my meatball. I swallowed my food and started to think about my parents.

"What's wrong Gio?" Isabel asked me.

"You know my parents.....they always wanted lots of grandchildren, especially my mom."

"Awe Gio. You and I both know that your parents are up in heaven. They probably already met our babies and know the gender." She smiled and held my hand. I kissed each one of her fingers.

"The kid is probably going to come out spoiled." I smirked. "You know...when I was with my last fiance my mom said she had a dream about me and what my kids looked like." It took a while for Isabel to realize what I just said.  She shook her head and held up her hand to stop me.

"Fiance?" Whoops. Did that slip out? "You were engaged?"

"Umm.....water! You need water." I went to the kitchen to get Isabel a cup of water, but she followed.

"You were engaged to another woman?!"

"I was 25. I left her on the day of the wedding.  It's not a big deal. It's crazy that you are freaking out about this news, yet you didn't freak out when I told you that I was the dead Mafia boss."

"That's because I love you Gio! I didn't care!  Ugh! Why didn't you tell me you were engaged?"

"I figured that information didn't matter."

"Well it does to me." I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Bella....are you jealous?"

"What?" She asked.  "I am not."

"Don't sorry my Bella. She wasn't as beautiful as you." I smiled as I walked up to Isabel.

I caressed her cheek and smiled leaning close to her.

"Mhmm...."

"I chose you as my wife. Not her." I smiled as she turned to face me. I stole a kiss from and laughed deeply.

"That's not fair."

"You're right. I need to take you to the bed." I picked her up bridal style.

"Ah! Gio!" She laughed and squirmed as I took her up to the bedroom.

How can I ever leave this woman?

God!

Love feels so fucking good.