Dreams

Kaneki was in his bed unable to sleep. He hadn't slept in five days from his frequent nightmares.He would dream about Yamori torturing him or losing Hide because he was a monster.

It was only 3:21 in the morning. Kaneki felt like time was really slow considering he hasn't slept in a while.

"Ugh, I'm so fucking tired! I can feel my eyes getting extremely heavy." Kanekj yawned as he felt his eye lids close.

In a blink of an eye, Kaneki caught a quick glimpse at Yamori. "NO! NO STOP!" He screamed and kicked around in his bedroom.

Luckily, Hide's apartment was right next to his, making it easier for Hide to just walk over to his house.

Kaneki continued to scream, until he was restricted by two warm arms. Kaneki looked up to the familiar face.

It was Hide. Kaneki's best friend and only friend.

"You okay buddy? I heard you screaming so I came here to make sure your were safe." Hide smiled hugging Kaneki protectively.

Kaneki blushed a light shade of pink and hugged him back. "Hide...I had those nightmares again." He whimpered.

Hide sat in the bed next to him, stroking his hair. "It's okay Ken. There fake and they can't hurt you. I'm here to protect you from those demons."

Kaneki smiled warmly, snuggling in Hide's shirt. "Thank you Hide. Thank you so much."

Hide chuckled and started humming a soft tune while slowly rocking Kaneki back and forth.

Kaneki looked up at him. "Hide...w-what are you singing? Can you sing it to me?"

Hide nodded and cleared his voice.

"More than just a dream
More than just a dream

Forty days and forty nights
I waited for a boy like you to come and

save my life
All the days I waited or you

You know the ones who said I'd never
find someone like you

You are out of my league
All the things I believe

You were just the right kind
Yeah, you are more than just a dream

You are out of my league
Got my heartbeat racing

If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a dream"

Kaneki smiled warmly from Hide's soft and angelic voice. "Hide, your such a beautiful singer. Can you continue singing that sing with for me?"

Hide blushed. "Th-thanks Ken and sure. Anything for you." He started singing again.

"From time to time I pinch myself
Because I think my girl mistakes me for

somebody else
And every time she takes my hand

All the wonders that remain become a simple fact

You are out of my league
All the things I believe

You were just the right kind
Yeah, you are ore than just a dream

You are out of my league
Got my heartbeat racing

If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a...dream"

Hide song until he and Kaneki fell asleep together. Kaneki had no more nightmares because it's more than just a dream.