Saving the pack

Just as the meal was placed on the table and the living room was being tidied everyone grew quite and the front door opened and two males entered making the way  for another male.
Must be the Alpha. Sheer dominance and authority surrounded him.

Talan stood by my side waiting for them to enter. "Relax but don't look him in the eye."

Nodding but not understanding I waited quietly. After mother greeted the newcomers then the sister it was our turn. "Everything has been quite after the rogues were taken care of sir."

The Alpha patted Talan's shoulder. "Excellent, and this must be your mate."

"Yes sir." Was his short reply. Not wanting to make a bad impression or embarrass Talan or
myself I just looked at the floor.

"So what's your name?" I was asked.

"Tulsi, sir." Still looking at the floor I saw him take a step closer and stop in front of me.

"I see Talan has already made you aware of some of our customs. It's ok to look up Tulsi." I hesitantly obeyed, taking orders was not my thing but I would do this for Talan. "Now, that's better. So where are you from?"

At that moment I saw a woman enter followed by a teen boy.

Glancing at the woman I did a double take, no it's not impossible. The woman looked away from the grumbling boy and met my gaze. She froze and stared. She took a tentative step forward, "Tul ... Tulsi?"

Alpha looked between the woman and me then grinned. "Aw, never mind. I guess you already know my mate."

Still dumbfounded I just stood there. "Yes Cami it's me. How.. I thought you were dead. We all thought that."

"It's complicated but you will soon learn. You can't contact anyone from your previous life. That's how we have stayed safe this long." Was her reply.

"That's the thing, if I don't call your sister before nightfall the whole village  will burn down the forest." I noticed the look between mates before alpha spoke.

"That will cause a war which we don't want. We do not hurt humans unless provoked." Alpha stated.

"They are tired of all the missing that never return form the forest. Mostly women."

"Call now but do not mention us yet. I will call an emergency pack meeting." Alpha already had that blank look on his face.

Talan handed me the phone and led me to the back room. After quickly assuring the two worrisome ladies all was fine and promised to call first thing in the morning I was able to hang up.

"That is was quite a lot to take in. How are you handling all of this?" Talan waved his hand around.

"It's sinking in. I mean after reading about werewolves it wasn't a complete shock but I guess anything that is different than want your used to will take time."

He walked over and wrapped his arms around me, "I will be here to help with anything you need or want to know."

Feeling the love and selflessness I knew I had finally found my true other half. The male that would not expect me to bow down and take orders. The male that wants my opinion and will love me for being myself.

"I know you will. And I plan to stick around so no backing out now," I joked.

Leaning back to gaze in my eyes a few seconds his response was to lean in and kiss me like his life depended on it. "Never!"