Meeting of the families

The house was eerily quite when Talan and I went back to join everyone. After searching the kitchen and living room we went outside to find the Alpha and a few other males in a huddle.

"What's going on?" I asked the ladies that were sitting in the porch while Talan went to join the men.

"Alpha called a meeting in an hour. All pack members, Excluding the overseers currently on patrol must attend. Sorry to leave you so soon but hopefully we will be back this evening." Mother stated as she was signaled to join the retreating group leaving only Talan, another male and myself at the house.

"Once the meeting starts we will take turns listening in and patrolling. Tulsi, I have to run our section of the border now so stay inside and don't come out for any reason. The rogues we saw earlier may not have been alone."

"What's a rogue?" I asked remembering that name mentioned before.

We went inside as Talan explained, "rogues are werewolves that belong to no pack. They are mean, lawless and blood thirsty."

"So scream and run if I see one." I joked but he didn't since the sarcasm.

"I will always protect you. If for some reason I am not with you call for another pack member."

I just nodded not real sure about the rules and such yet. He kissed my cheek, "I will be back soon."

He left me in the house and soon I heard the sounds of what must have his shifting. Sighing I leaned back on the sofa and closed my eyes. What a day. And I still never ate. Remembering all the food on the table I made myself a plate and ate in silence. The other overseer was already on his second plate but he had that blank look so I just retreated to the bedroom. Laying down I waited for Talan to return.

Waking up to a dark room I panicked. Sitting up I could barely make out the door. Feeling my way around the room I the door to the bathroom and flicked on the light. After using the restroom I left the light on to see my way to the hall. I heard voices when I stepped out of the room. Following the voices I saw Talan sitting at the table with alpha and other men. Women were scattered in the kitchen and living area.

Talan must have sensed me because he was walking toward me before I was fully in the dining room. "Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. You looked so peaceful and I know you must have been tired so I left you to sleep."

"It's okay, I don't expect you to be with me at all times," I smiled at his frown.

"I want to be though."

"It's okay. So I assume the meeting is over. What was it about?" I asked, "I mean if I am allowed to know."

"Of course your allowed. Come sit and Alpha will explain."

Hours later I laid in bed next to this amazing, caring man hopeful their plan would work.

                     ••••••••••••••••••

Morning brought anxiety and hopefulness. Many mated couples were excitedly waiting outside as the remaining members that would be accompanying us were getting ready to leave.

Talan's mother handed me a big basket full of different bags and bottles, "I'm sorry I went trough your bag when I first arrived but I needed to know who my son was mated to. I saw the list and assumed you were going to Draylist to find them. Some are very rare but of course we have access to all of them so I made sure you had plenty to bring back for your recipes."

I never had a mother look out for me so this feeling was new. "Thank you. I am glad we talked last night  and I told you about the shop. This will help many customers. How were you able to get them all so fast?"

A warm tingling feeling ran down my spine when Talan's laughter bounced off the bedroom walls. "If you would have actually made it to Draylist you would have met mom. She runs the shop that you were looking for."

"Really! So you know herbs and medicines?"

"Yes, the shop has been in my family for generations."

"That's great! Maybe you can help me with a few troublesome customers. I can't seem to place the symptoms with a diagnosis and treatment."

"I would love too!" She excitedly squealed like a girl.

"You just made her day," Talan smiled and motioned for us to follow. "She has been bored within no real ailments to cure."

"There are plenty in the village. There are many orders to fill daily."

"I hope this plan goes smoothly, I would hate for you to loose your shop and your customers to loose their only hope of treatment." Mother sadly said.

"Me too. I really hope the villagers have an open mind." I added.

Alpha and Luna joined us, "Do not worry. I'm sure my sister has not lost her persuasion skills. If things go awry I'm sure she will save us."

Nodding I wasn't so sure of that yet.

We started our hike just minutes later.  Most shifted and a few ran ahead to make sure no villagers had taken upon themselves to look for me. I did call and tell the ladies I was on my way back and they were thrilled.

The return trip was much quicker, probably because I had Talan and his mom to talk to and the wolves were leading us to the village in a more straight path than I had occupied yesterday.

Everyone was human again and lined the opening of the forest to the village. I purposely told them I wouldn't be back until mid afternoon so no one would be waiting for me. Slowly making my way out of the forest I took a deep breath when I was sure the area was clear. "It's clear you can all come out."

After all fifteen individuals joined me on the path leading up to the outskirts of the village I grew anxious again. Talan took my sweaty hand and kissed it, "all will work out. Just wait and see."

"I really hope so." I whispered but I knew he heard me when he squeezed my hand.