What? No way!

Talan started toward me but right before he reached me he started to shift into his wolf. I had never seen him transform and it scared me. I guess alpha was surprised as well because he yelled for me to get out and shifted himself.

I never got to the door before teeth sank into my leg making me fall to my knees. The pain of the bite wasn't that bad it was just seconds later when my whole body started to heat up from the inside. It felt like my body was on fire.

I heard moving and yelling then something cold was placed on my arms then legs. That felt vert soothing. Soon my whole body was covered with ice cold towels or blankets.

I was feeling a little better until my head was moved a little and something was put in my mouth. Next a cup of water was placed at my lips and I was told to drink. Since my throat was dry and scratchy I greedily emptied the cup.

"What is happening?" I hoarsely asked.

"Your body is trying to fight the toxin." Talans mom told me as she wiped my face with another cold cloth. "I'm so sorry. His wolf, he just .. I'm sorry."

My mind was foggy and I was having trouble understanding what she was trying to say.

"Where is Talan?" I got out before my throat turned into fire. Sensing my need for more water another cup was placed at my lips.

I saw feet approaching me then knees bent. Alphas face came into view, "I am going to carry you to your bed, okay."

"I can walk there myself," I said trying to move my legs. Pain and nausea is all I got out of that little escapade.

"I will carry you and explain things." He swept me up like I weighed nothing and swiftly carried me upstairs.

"The toxin that is running through your body right now will either kill you or make you shift."

I was once again gulping down some water but spit it out at his comment. "Kill me or make me shift? Into a werewolf? Now is that possible?"

"We usually get permission first but things didn't work out that way here. A full blood male werewolf carries a toxin in their system that releases when they are fully shifted and they bite a human. Usually the only reason this is done is if the human wishes to join us. Then they have to officially ask the alpha and luna for permission.
Since Talan neither asked you if you wanted to become one of us or asked permission he has been brought back to Draylist to await his punishment."

At punishment I tried to jump up but my body was not responding to well right now. "No punishment, I do not want him punished."

"Sorry thats not your decision dear. He knows our laws and he broke one of the most sacred ones." His mother explained.

"Tulsi, Cami and I will of course consider your plea but this is a grave offense."

"I am angry he did ask me but I would have agreed anyway. What I don't understand is why he did it. Why were you holding him down when we walked in?"

"Mates are very protective, especially a male. They want to make sure no harm comes to their other half. They need know that they are safe. After a couple mates that is a lot easier because we can sense each other's emotions. We can also tell their location to a certain degree, by a few hundred feet."

"Okay but Talan and I aren't mated. I still don't understand why he bit me. He told me that I needed to stay here. Why would he want me to be a werewolf here living by myself with humans? Your kind is very confusing." I was getting tired now and my eyes were getting very heavy. "Sorry, but i think I need to go to sleep now," I yawned.

I felt Talans mom pat my arm, "sleep dear. You will feef better when you awaken."
"If she wakes up." I heard alpha say although it sounded like he was whispering, but I shouldn't have been able to hear him if he was.

"I told you something was wrong when I saw her leave the house. He must have said something to make her think he wasn't going to stay with her. Didn't he ask permission to live here with Tulsi?"

Live here with me? I don't remember hm saying anything Ike that. I was very sleepy, maybe I will ask when I wake up.

"Yes, we thought it a good idea to have a few members living amongst the humans to watch and report. Since Tulsi is respected and well known we all thought she would be missed if she were to move away do Talan volunteered to stay here with here as the teacher and researcher."

I can see I have my work cut out for me here human. What a mess you made. Now our mate is on trail for treason and possibly murder. Do you know how much he is hurting now? Of course you don't, nut you soon will. I heard an evil laugh in my head at the same time immense pain erupted thoughtout my chest.

I started coughing and couldn't breathe. "Its to soon, her body isn't ready yet!"

"Can't breathe. The voice, she's mean. She wants me to die." I whispered.

"Your hearing a voice?" Alpha calmly asked like this was nothing new o him.

"Yes, she blames me Talan being in pain so she said I would feel much worse than him soon. I really hope he isn't feeling this because I am sure I am dying. My chest hurts so much, like someone is ripping out my heart and lungs."

"I never thought about that. Their distance is causing him pain in tun causing Tulsi's wolf pain. I can assume she will live through the transition  then her if  is talking to her. We need Talan back here asap."

"It sounds like her wolf is torturing her though. That's not how a wolf acts toward their human."

"Mrs. Julip will have Talan brought over and hopefully that will appease both wolves so the humans can heal and wake up."

"Let's hope so. I know Talan will be furious with himself and his wolf when he finds out what happened."

"As he should be. He isn't off the hook yet."

Alpha sounded mad but I just couldn't seem to make out anything but buzzing and and that annoying voice yelling at me in my head about it all being my fault.

I felt someone's warm body next to me as I finally drifted off to sleep.