Life Goes On

I knew I didn't fit in with the pack but I just figured since I was marked they would except me. Maybe it was just Talan that decided having me as a mate would not work. Either way I guess it's for the best. My customers really do depend on me to keep them in stock with their treatments and I do love helping them.

I never really saw myself with a family of my own anyway. I mean they all die one day anyway and leave you alone so why bother.
The memory of Talan's arms around me, making me feel safe. The memory of his lips on my neck sending shivers down my spine. The memory of his voice saying my name. THOSE are reasons to share a life with someone. THOSE are reasons to want a family.

Well those reasons don't matter when the someone doesn't want the same things you do. When they tell you to stay here and go back to your life as though nothing has changed. Well I have changed, I learned a lot about myself and how it feels to have someone care for you. Even if it was for just for a day.

I found myself at the cemetery in front of my family's headstones. My parents were cremated but my aunt had a small headstone with their names placed next to her grave site when she learned she had cancer. She wanted me to able to come and talk to one or all in one place if I needed to. I think now is a good time to talk. I knelt down and moved some weeds away from the headstones.

Rambling on I let it all out. I told my story of the past few days and how I had feelings for Talan but now I didn't know what to do. After all my tears were dry I said my goodbyes and left the cemetery. Walking in a daze is not a good thing, especially when you bump into someone because your not paying attention.

"I'm so sorry," I snapped out of my depressed mood and apologized.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so glad I found you Tulsi!" The woman excitedly said grabbing my hand, "Come, we need to hurry. Alpha won't be able to subdue him for much longer."

"What are you talking about. I thought you would all have left by now."

"Why? Talan certainly would never leave without you."

"Yes, he changed his mind about me. He wants me to stay here now," saying it aloud made the pain return again, and the tears.

"That stupid, imbecile. Why do males think you should know exactly what their feeling. Like we can read their minds or something. Well okay I guess we can but still! They need to TELL us how they feel. Say the words not just expect us to know."

She ranted all the way back to my cottage pulling me along with her. I tried breaking free but she had a strong grip on my hand.

Nearing my street I saw many of the pack males spread out a few feet apart in what looked to be fighting stances. "What's going on? Why aren't they with alpha?"

"Oh you will find out soon enough," she half laughed.

One of the males spotted us and visibly relaxed. He must have told the others because they all turned to us and smiled then surrounded us as we all walked my home. Puzzled but worn out I really didn't care what was going on I just wanted to take a hot shower and lock myself in my room.

Nearing the door I could hear crashing and Alpha yelling, "I'm sorry but I can't have you terrorizing the neighborhood. We just told them we wouldn't cause any problems and they were safe."

Talan started to talk but his voice was different, deeper and mean -if that could happen. "Alpha I can't help it. She's gone and my wolf is fighting to take control."

"She will be back. You can't let him take over."

Hearing this made me more confused but the crash I heard meant my things were broken which made me upset. I stormed into the room to see three males holding Talan down and my chairs was on it's side on the floor next the broken tables I had in each side of the sofa. "What the hell happened? Who broke my tables?" I was trying to hold back the tears because their as just pieces of wood but my dad made those for my mom years ago. I took them from our house when I came to live here with my aunt.

Upon hearing my yelling Talan became even more agitated and was able to break one arm free. Alpha sighed and signaled them to let him go.

If I had known what would happen I don't know if I would have even walked into the cottage. After looking back I know it was for the best but at that moment I was extremely angry.