Chapter 2

The rest of the day was only moderately enjoyable for Alexander. He and Jefferson ended up walking to their next class, bickering as per usual.

"I just don't get it, Jefferson," Alexander nearly shouted. "You're brilliant, I'll give you that, but your brain is used on things that don't engage your wits! Would it help if I showed you where my shoe fits?" Hamilton was only half joking.

"If the shoe fits, wear it, Ham." Alexander blushed brightly, obviously only realizing then how sexual his response was. Alexander still had a girlfriend for Pete's sake!

The two of them entered Franklin's science class and Hamilton sat to the left of Jefferson and to the right of another freshman named Maria Lewis. She was crying, and a red mark in the shape of a hand was imprinted on her cheek.

"James," he asked weakly. Maria nodded. "Why don't you just break up with him, Maria? You don't deserve to be hurt like this. Physically, mentally, verbally," Hamilton lowered his usually obnoxiously loud voice," sexually."

"I know, Alex, but you can't berate me really." Alexander frowned and a small, slightly evil smile appeared on Maria's face. "You said you've known for a while that you don't love Eliza anymore, so I'll break up with James when you break up