Chapter 4

The rest of the day droned on slowly, and Alexander was more than excited to hear the end bell at two. He trudged home, not necessarily looking forward to greeting his sick father, George Washington. Adoptive-father, that is. Alexander had been adopted by George at about fourteen years old, his mother dying of sickness when he was twelve, and his cousin commiting suicide the year after he moved in. He wrote and earned enough money to make his way to New York, where he got stuck in an orphanage for about a year.

His father, George, had finished high school at fifteen with flying colors and proceeded to get through Columbia in two short years. At seventeen he somehow joined the army for a quick stunt, became a general, and got shot in the foot, discharging him from battle because they needed a transplant. George got involved in politics after the hospital he went to admitted they had taken the foot from an unwilling stranger and gave it to George. He then got simultaneously elected to be Governor and Senator of New York a year later, ending up having four terms as Governor and two as Senator.

It was during the third year of his second term as senator, and his second year in his third term as governor that he met Alexander. He had been caught trying to steal books at Barnes and Noble by Goerge who, instead of turning him in, bought Alexander the books and any others the child seemed even moderately interested in. George and Alexander bonded, and a month after meeting him, George asked the boy if he could adopt him. Alexander was delighted, and agreed.

"I'm home, dad," Alexander called as he walked towards his father's room.
He found his dad under the bed covers in a bathrobe.

"I DON'T WANT NO PART OF YOUR TIGHT-ASS COUNTRY CLUB, YOU FREAK BITCH," Franklin screamed at Lucille on TV.

"Arrested Development, huh dad?"

"Don't judge, Alex. Besides, I gotta watch it all before the new season next year."

Alexander scowled.

"Yes, but you were supposed to watch it with me! Anyway, I'm going to my room to play some of my game." George looked at Alexander as if he was waiting for something more. "And I took over class today while you were gone," the teen added.

"'Atta boy. I expect King tried to lead first, though." Alexander nodded. "Well, go ahead to your room. I'm waiting for that episode where Rita comes in."

So Alexander departed, only stopping for some Goldfish and a coffee before going to his room. It had been a mess in the morning, but Sally, the maid, had spruced it up nicely. The best thing about his dad being a billionaire was that Sally was paid nearly by the thousand, which she needed after being raped and getting disowned by her parents.

Alexander slumped down onto his bed and absentmindedly picked up his laptop. The game he had spoken of before was the Sims 4, and it was a game he never let anyone see him play. He played with real people as his characters. In one of his worlds, his mother still alive, and she and George platonically raised Alexander. He changed as little as possible, but ended up changing a lot. The main difference was that Jefferson was Alexander's boyfriend in the game.

Alexander played for a while, but at one point he got a call. It was