Chapter 11

An: Hehe. Also things in Bold itallics are things Alexander's father says in his head for this chapter, at least.

James Reynolds stood in front of them, and here Alexander was, cowering and shivering. Who could blame him? The heat that had been accumulated between he and John was gone, and not having anything covering the top half of his body wasn't doing him any favors.

"W-what do you want, you abusive ass," Alexander asked, hating himself for stuttering even though it wasn't because he was scared.

James laughed; it was a cold, merciless laugh- one that Alexander could see a serial killer emitting before killing children in a horror flick. It was only from an eighteen-year-old who had walked in on Alexander's cheating ass, but it terrified both Alexander and Laurens nonetheless.

"I want money. Maybe then I won't tell your slutty-ass girlfriend that you're fucking around with this faggot."

Alexander was stunned at how horrible Reynolds was acting, calling sweet innocent Eliza a slut. Of all the people he ever met, she was the purest, and was nowhere close to being a slut. During their first time together, she, who was probably experiencing a lot of pain and simultaneous pleasure, asked if he was okay.

"You do that. I'm not spending a cent on you, you abusive jerk." He looked at Alexander, a suprised look in his eyes and a frown on his lips. However, James being glum only lasted maybe a second before he wore his trademark evil glare again.

"Well then, I'll tell The Slutler Slutster the good news at lunch. It's in fifteen minutes, anyway." Reynolds walked away, flipping the two boys off before slamming the closet door. Alexander had already removed his phone from his jeans, about to text Eliza.

Piggy: We need to talk. Meet me in 10 @ the couches downstairs.

Elizard: Okay. You alright, Alexander?

Piggy: Not really. Just meet me there in 10. Gtg

He shoved his phone back in his pocket and looked at John. Laurens looked worried, but obviously about what Alexander would say to Eliza rather than what Reynolds had said to them. Neither Alexander nor John wanted to see her hurt.

"I have to get to Franklin's. Check on Maria," Alexander groaned finally. He stood up as he pulled on his shirt, blowing John a kiss before leaving the janitor's closet.

Thankfully, nobody was to be seen in the hallway, and Franklin's science class was very close to this particular janitor's closet.

He entered the room to see that an advanced video on electricity was playing on the television behind Franklin's desk. The seat he normally sat in was taken by none other than Maria Lewis. How she had not been noticed, Alexander couldn't have told anyone. Especially since she had quite obviously moved in order to successfully console a sobbing Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately, she had been unsuccessful.

Thomas was sitting in his desk chair, head laid across his arms while Maria petted his soft soft curls.

"He gave me all the signs and now I figure out he's cheating? With him!?! Does he even know I exist!?!" Thomas questioned Maria dramatically.

"There there," Maria whispered. "It'll be okay." Alexander stepped closer to his desk and coughed.

"I can take it from here," he said, voice surprisingly hoarse. Maria looked up, saw him, and vacated his seat immediately.

"Thomas?" Alexander asked gently. The bigger man sniffed and looked up with wide, red eyes.

"Alexander." It was more of a cry than a statement. Only then did the rest of the class notice that the most popular person in school was sobbing his eyes out onto his desk.

Mr. Franklin looked as if he wanted to take his phone out right then and post Thomas sobbing as a meme on Tumblr. Thomas Conway, one of the biggest bullies in the grade, started cackling maniacally.

"Oh, look at baby Tom-Tom. Pity the crying infant," Conway teased rudely. A few people laughed hesitantly, but the majority either stayed silent or quietly chastised Conway for making fun of someone who was quite obviously having some sort of breakdown.

"Thomas~ Thomas, are you okay?" Alexander had started to get the slightest bit worried when not getting a response from his bushy-haired friend. After draping himself over the sobbing Thomas, Alexander wrapped his arms around him and began murmuring soft and sweet words of encouragement in Thomas's ear. He used his minimal strength to lift Thomas out of his seat and into a real hug.

"This is totally going in my fanfiction," Ben Franklin whispered. "Alright, Alexander, take Thomas down to the couches and console him, 'kay?" Alexander nodded at Mr. Franklin and picked up his and Thomas's backpacks. Then he led Thomas out of the door, and once it was closed he could hear the telltale "ping" of a video recorder stopping and Franklin nearly shouting at Thomas Conway for making fun of Jefferson.

He led Thomas down the stairs and to the bright white couches that some called the "therapy couches". Others called them the "makeout couches".

"Thomas, what was that about cheating? Is Madison cheating on you? Do I need to kick his ass?" That got a chuckle from Thomas.

"You're too short to kick anyone's ass, Allie." The nickname slipped off Thomas's tongue casually, as if they were best friends who called each other those things all the time. Alexander hadn't noticed though.

"Fuck," Alexander said as he looked at his watch. Eliza would be meeting him here in one minute!

"There there, Thommy." Alexander gave the boy a kiss on the cheek and fluffed his already poofy hair. "If Madison cheated on you you should dump his ass." You better be thinking 'I'm going to let Eliza dump mine.' "You are a phenomenal man, and nobody should hurt you." You hurt your phenomenal Eliza. You hurt her.

"I need to ask you something," Thomas suddenly remarked.

"Ask away, my boy, ask away." Thomas giggled.

"Dumbledore quotes aside, is it cheating if you're emotionally invested in a relationship but you're in love with someone else?"

Alexander was dumbfounded. Before fucking Laurens while they had just sobered up enough to consent, he had had the same dilemma. Not that he had thought about it recently... One thing was for certain, he had to word this carefully.

"I don't think so, but it'd hurt Mad- whomever you were dating if they found out that you loved someone other than them. But as long as you don't really act on your feelings, it's not really cheating." After smiling at Alexander, Thomas sniffled again and got up with his backpack.

"Well, since I'm feeling better now, wha' do you say we go back upstairs to the cafeteria. I know you love their black coffee with a little bit of caramel drizzle on top." Alexander blushed at the fact that Thomas remembered his coffee order, but politely declined his offer.

"I'll meet you up there though, I just have to talk to someone first. Be there before lunch actually starts, in fact," replied Alexander, whose words sounded a little too apologetic.

Thomas nodded and immediately left after sniffling once more.

Now to wait. Good job, you dirty, cheating, worthless, narcissistic hoe. You're just like your whore mother.

A/N: So sorry about not posting much at all recently. This is my first break week after my 2 week 9am-9pm camp, and I needed the dinner and lunch break we got for chill time. I do, however, have 4 chapters done of a new story, so I may start posting that around October when it's done. Ly!