01

2018
(Based on the official TVD timeline.)

▂▂▂▂

It had been six years since I had left Mystic Falls to move to New Orleans. And three years since I'd left New Orleans and Klaus. Right now, I was walking towards a place I'd been in a handful of times. The Lockwood mansion. This time was different though, not because all of the Lockwood's I knew of were dead, but this time I held a little hand in my own as I walked towards the front door.

I opened the door and instantly heard a familiar voice. I headed towards the room it was coming from and smiled at the blonde who was standing by a long mirror with two little girls, "Did somebody order a bridesmaid and a handsome page-boy?"

Caroline turned around, her hands shot up infront of her mouth, her wide smile appearing through the cracks, "Oh my God... Cassie."

She instantly lunged forward, pulling me into a huge hug. I chuckled as I hugged her back, "Hey."

We pulled back from each other and I looked down to my beautiful three year old son, who was still tugging on my hand, "Caroline, this is Theo."

"Hi there." She smiled down at him.

"Hi." He said before grinning at her. He was an incredibly polite little boy. Theo's eyes wandered towards the two little girls who were twirling in their dresses. He looked up at me, "Mommy, can I go play?"

I smiled, "Of course. Just try not to get your suit all dirty." Theo nodded and ran off towards the girls. I rolled my eyes and looked to Caroline, "Who am I kidding? He's always getting dirty."

Caroline laughed as she looked behind her at the three children playing, "Josie and Lizzie seem to have taken quickly to him." She stared back for a moment, "It's so good to see you, it's been so long."

"I know. We both have kids and you're getting married? It's just unexpected and insane." I replied, "I mean, not you getting married, you and Stefan are perfect together but... I'll shut up now."

Caroline laughed again, "You really haven't changed."

I smiled at her. I was about to say something but felt a presence behind me. I spun around to see another familiar face that I hadn't seen in so long. The smile remained on my face, "Bonnie!"

She stared at me in surprise for a moment before smiling, "Cassie?"

I held out my arms, "In the flesh."

She laughed and ran up to me. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. I felt more arms wrap around me and saw Caroline had joined in. I laughed at her actions.

"Mommy." A little voice spoke. We broke apart and looked down to the three children beside us, "Are you ready?"

"Now I'm ready." Caroline replied to her little girl. She smiled widely as she linked arms with Bonnie and I, "My bestfriends are here."

▂▂▂▂

As I walked down the aisle, I saw the man that I hadn't seen for six years. The man I was in love with for over a hundred years. Damon Salvatore. He was standing at the front, wearing a black tux. And as I walked down the aisle, with flowers in one hand and Theo's hand in my other, all I could think of was when Damon had told me he wanted to marry me.