14

▂▂▂▂

Kol had agreed to do as the Hollow asked to keep me safe. She had given him some blue totem that contained a protection spell, one that would keep her from harm. And he agreed to keep guard of it from his family until she was done with them. I tried to argue against it but he was having none of it. I knew he cared for me but this, this was insane.

After the event of what happened in the cemetery, we had quickly left. Kol had asked where I wanted to go, but I was unsure. I couldn't bare going to the compound to tell Klaus what had happened, and maybe I could find a way out of it before anything happened.

Luckily Kol suggested St. Annes Church, so that's where we were. In the attic. There was still a load of things in here, Marcel's old belongings and Davina's. Half of them covered over in sheets, the rest in dust. I ran my hand over an old drawing of hers that laid on the dusty wooden desk.

"There's a spell for unlinking, Cassie." Kol said causing me take my attention from the drawing.

"She's linked to me." I clarified almost shouting, "Meaning she will know my every move, and if you think it's going to be that easy considering how powerful she is, then you're insane."

Kol frowned at my sudden outburst, "I'm just trying to help."

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, "I know... I'm sorry. I just..." I let myself fall onto the chair behind me, "I don't know what to do. I need to see my son and I can't be anywhere near him when the Hollow is linked to me. She's controlled me before, she could easily do it again."

"I will find something." He said, moving closer to me. I met his gaze, analyzing his serious expression, "I promise you."

I kept my eyes on his for a moment before breaking eye contact, pressing my eyes shut, "But what can you do? If she dies, I die."

"I don't know." He replied as I opened my eyes. He crouched infront of me, taking my hand in his, "But I will do whatever it takes, Cassie. Because I have lost you far too many times and I can't handle any more."

"I can take care of myself." I swallowed harshly, not even believing it myself. I sighed as my eyes re-connected with his, "Please, don't get yourself killed for me."

He took his hand from mine and stood up, "I think you misheard me. I will do whatever it takes."

Kol began to head towards the door and I jumped up, wrapping my hand around his forearm to stop him. He came to a halt as he felt my grasp, "No, Kol."

He turned to face me, a frown on his face, "Why not?"

"You've died twice already, Kol, and like you said," I shook my head, "I can't handle any more."

There was a long pause before Kol spoke again, a hopeful look on his face, "I have an idea, but you need to stay right here, where it's safe."

He pulled from my grasp and made for the door again. I sighed, calling out after him, "Kol, I'm comi -- "

He glanced over his shoulder at me, "Stay here."

I frowned at him before letting out a huff through my nostrils, knowing he was right, this was the only safe place right now, "Fine."