05

▂▂▂▂

I nuzzled against the warmth of the body beside me. I slowly opened my eyes to see my head was close to a bare chest. I moved back a little and looked up to see Klaus staring down at me, his deep pink lips stretching into a smile, "Morning."

Waking up to see his face and hearing his voice after five years was possibly the greatest feeling. I smiled, "Good morning."

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

I pushed myself up so I was sat level with him against the headboard of the bed. My smile remained, "Amazing. What about you?"

"Far better than the last five years." He replied. My smile dropped a little at the mention of the five years. Klaus noticed and his brows furrowed, "What is it?"

I sighed, "I still need to talk to you about, well... everything."

"Then I'll listen." He simply said.

I sighed again, "I honestly don't know where to begin."

"Maybe with the issue that has been going on for years, and why my brother was so distraught in the car journey back here." Klaus said.

"I assume you mean Kol." I said, avoiding my gaze as I felt at lump in my throat. After a moment I looked back to Klaus, "I spoke to him about my feelings, and as expected, he didn't exactly take it well. But his reaction was worse than I had pictured in my head."

"And what exactly did you tell him?" Klaus asked.

"I didn't have to say a lot, he... he already knew. That's why he was so upset, because he felt like I had used him." I replied. I closed my eyes, feeling tears brimming, "I didn't mean to, I really didn't."

I opened my eyes when I felt Klaus take my hand in his. I glanced at him as he spoke, "Don't get upset, this is something you had to do. Kol will get over it, he will move on."

I took in a deep breath, "When I said I wanted to talk, I mostly meant about us, about you. It's been a long time since I told you how I feel."

I paused which gave Klaus a chance to speak, "Considering how we spent last night, you know that my feelings for you haven't changed in the slightest. You are what kept me alive through those five excrusiating years, Cassie."

I gently picked up his hand and held it in mine, facing him. I glanced into his eyes, "I wanted to tell you before you left but there was so much happening and Kol was..."

"In the room." Klaus added on.

I sighed, "I just keep hurting him, Klaus, and I just couldn't. He was dying and -- "

I stopped and changed the subject back, "Klaus, for five years -- no, since the day I met you, all I have thought about is you. Whether it was good or bad, it was always you. I love you, Klaus. You've brought not only happiness, passion and adventure into my life, you've given me a family. And I love you."

Klaus took his hand from mine and brushed away the hair from my forehead. He trailed his fingers down the side of my face, "I love you, Cassandra Fell. For fifteen years, and I will until I take my last dying breath on this earth."