18

▂▂▂▂

I stared at Kol in shock, surprise and hurt. Unable to fathom what he'd just said. My eyelids blinked several times as though it would help me to understand, "Davina's dead?"

"What?" He furrowed his brows at me as though I had said something insane, "No. She's gone as in gone to San Francisco."

My eyebrows crashed together in the centre of my forehead, "Then why the hell did you say it like she'd died, Kol?"

He lightly shrugged, "Because I thought you'd be mad knowing she left New Orleans without telling you."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Is she alone?"

Kol licked his bottom lip before nodding, "Yes."

Once again, I harshly frowned, "Oh, well yeah, now I'm mad. Please don't tell me this was your idea."

"Look," He let out an anxious breath, "she needed to leave and she knew it. She just came back to life and wasn't taking anymore chances."

"You're. An. Idiot!" I raised my voice at him, flailing my arms around, "Honestly, Kol, what the hell?"

"What's the problem?" He asked, almost innocently, like a child.

"You!" I almost yell, my eyes wide in annoyance, "I want to slap you so hard right now."

Kol furrowed his brows, still looking confused, "I'm failing to see what I did wrong?"

I pressed my eyes shut to relieve as much tension as I could before looking back at him, "Davina just came back to life. The Hollow used her magic on her, which is pretty freaking strong. We don't have any idea how she is or what she's doing, Kol. And she's out there alone, with no-one to protect her."

"The Hollow is gone -- "

"Oh, gone?" I cut him off, scoffing, "Gone as in to San Francisco too, on vacation perhaps?"

"Dead." He specified, "She's not in any danger."

"Sorry, did you forget that you, an Original, got killed by Jeremy Gilbert, a human?" I questioned, rhetorically, "Davina may be a strong witch but she's still human, Kol. Not to mention she's been dead for years. She's not safe, especially not alone."

"Okay, look." He said, peeling a pink post-it note off of the desk, "Here is her phone number."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Are you kidding me? You've let me rant on and you've had contact information. You're such an idiot, Kol Mikaelson."

Kol ignored me yelling at him and simply walked a little closer, softly smiling at me, "And you're beautiful, Cassandra Fell."

I sighed, shaking my head as I let myself calm down, "I thought you were trying to be friends with me."

"What? So I can't tell my friends that they're beautiful?" He questioned.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Friends is plural which means more than one. You don't have any friendsss."

"I only need you." He simply replied, his voice low and eyes connected with mine.

I felt a small stir in my stomach and quickly pushed it away, snatching the post-it from his grasp, "Thank you for the number."

I turned and took a few steps away from him, pulling my phone from my pocket. I dialled the number before pressing it to my ear and waited for a response.

▂▂▂▂

Davina was fine. We'd been talking for around ten minutes. She had told me Kol had given her money and anything she needed before she went to San Francisco. I still wasn't happy that I didn't get a chance to even convince her to stay. After all this time, she was gone again.

I turned, looking towards Kol, who was leant against the desk, arms folded, scanning the floor with lost eyes, "Davina. I'll call you again soon, okay? I gotta go."

Her voice said goodbye from the other end of the phone pressed to my ear. My thumb slipped over the end call button and I stuffed the phone back in my pocket. I walked towards Kol, whose gaze flickered up to meet mine as I closened.

"You should go." I said, in a more stern tone than expected.

"What?" His brows furrowed as he stood, "Look, I'm sorry I didn't give the number sooner but -- "

" -- no." I cut him off, shaking my head, "I didn't mean -- I meant, you should go to San Francisco to Davina."

He narrowed his eyes, curiously, "And exactly why should I?"

"To keep her safe." I responded, "You and her got along a few years ago, you spent quite a bit of time together. It's not like you're strangers. Plus, I know you don't want to stay here, Kol. You left before, you only came back for Elijah -- "

" -- I came back because you asked me to." Kol interupted.

I let out a quiet breath, as though I was trying to slow my heartbeat as I averted my gaze from his. I was about to respond before a voice came from the doorway, "Mom?"

I glanced towards it to see Theo. I could feel worry radiating off of him. My brows furrowed in concern as I moved towards Theo, "What's up, sweetie?"

"Hope just threw her bracelet into the fire," He told me, "and hurt Auntie Bex."

My eyebrows crushed together, "Hope did what?"

"Mommy, there's something bad inside her." Theo said, his voice almost cracking as though he wanted to cry.

"No, honey." I shook my head, "No, Hope isn't bad."

"She isn't bad." He stated, "The blue inside her is."

"Blue?" I frowned. My brain frantically searched for any information on what he could possibly mean by something blue. My eyes widened in realisation and I whipped my body to face Kol, "Blue. It's the Hollow. It has to be. It must have somehow possessed Hope when it died."

I pondered for a moment, trying to think as fast as I could, "We can't harm her because it's Hope's body. The Hollow clearly planned for this. Hope's part of her bloodline and so is Hayley but of course, the child is the easier target. What are we suppose to do?"

Kol pondered for a moment before he rushed towards the desk, forcefully pulling one of the drawers open. Then another, "There has to be some sort of herb or powder in this house to stabilise Hope's body long enough to figure it out."

"We need Freya." I told him. I took Theo's hand in mine, "Stay close to me, okay?"