Best friends (Haikyuu)

He skipped along the path, happy like he always seemed to be. With his messy brown hair and toothy grin it was clear he was enjoying himself. He yelled to me over his shoulder in his usual teasing, whiny voice, "Hey, Iwa-chan, hurry up! We're going to be late!"

I rolled my eyes and quickened my pace as I jogged towards him. As the sun shone through the lollipop green trees onto the warm stone slabs, I knew I was also happy.

His clean white t-shirt lifted slightly as he stretched his arms over his head. I grinned and ran towards him, my pale sandals slapping rhythmically on the path, before I leapt and tackled him to the ground. Pinned underneath me, he realised what I was going to do and started squirming, "IWA-CHAN, N-no! Don't do it!" His pleading got cut off when I started tickling him, jabbing my fingers into his sides and under his armpits.

He burst into peals of laughter, white teeth shining in the sun as he tried to shove me off. But I was stronger than him and didn't give him any opportunity for freedom. Knowing there was nothing he could do about it, he just lay there, laughing, and let me tickle him. Finally I ceased and grinned down at him, my green eyes meeting his brown, before moving and helping him to his feet. He dusted off his clothes in an overly sophisticated way before pretending to be annoyed, crossing his arms and stamping his feet, but I could see the glints of joy that sparkled in his eyes.

After he finished his childish tantrum, he looked me in the eye and said, "We'll before best friends for ever, right Iwa-chan...?"

I just snorted at his behaviour but at the sincere look on his pale skinned face I mumbled under my breath, "Of course, idiot."

For one small moment I thought he didn't hear me but then his face lit up like a flame had just ignited inside him and I blinked at the glow that seemed to emit from him. Then he grabbed my hand, his pale, soft hand contrasting my tanned, coarse one, before he tore off down the street, tugging me along behind him.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, allowing him to pull me away to his destination. At his happy, light grin, I decided white was my favourite colour, like his light that is always associated with him.