Chapter 1

"Little Mistress, you're going far too slow. You need to hurry your ass up." Edward's voice is full of the annoyance he doesn't mind showing. I roll my eyes and slow my pace even more simply to frustrate him further.

"I will go as slow as I want. And don't call me that, you damned dog." My voice is as cold as ice, though still has the ring of youth in it. That is useful at times, but others it is not. I believe this is one of the latter situations when I hear Edward laugh.

"What part of what I called you did you not like, Little Mistress? The 'little' part, which is very true as we both know, or the mistress?" The fucker sounds oh so amused.

I roll my eyes as I shove my phone charger into my single luggage bag that he has me packing full. I don't even know why he's making me pack.

"I am not small, asshole." I reply as I zip the bag firmly shut and step away for him to take it. Edward snorts and picks it up.

"You are 5'2, Little Mistress. You are very short."

I give him an icy glare, of which he responds to with a smirk.

"I still don't like it. I also don't like that you call me 'mistress'. I mean, we don't have a contract, so it makes no sense. Especially since you're big demon ego hates to be bruised."

Edward eyes flash crimson, letting me see their true color. It doesn't bother me in the least bit of course.

Edward is a dog demon. The pest is just as fucking loyal as one of those mongrels, along with being as annoying as them.

"Ah, but I owe you a debt, Little Mistress. And I don't let debts go unpaid, as you well know."

I shake my head and turn towards the door of my large room, walking forward with Edward trailing behind me.

"Where are we going anyway? I have meetings for the company I need attend soon, and I don't intend on being late."

Edward just chuckles as he follows me. "Be patient, Little Mistress. You will see soon."

I grumble unhappily, but nod none the less. As we're about to reach the front door to leave my manor, one of the maids hurry up to me. In one hand is a glass to-go cup, containing cold sweet tea most likely, and in the other is an apple.

"Miss Clarissa! You mustn't leave without your breakfast!"

I roll my eyes as I grab the perfectly red apple.

I remember her now. Alexis is the newest of maids here.

"You will call me Claire. Clarissa is a mouthful, and people screaming it constantly annoys me. A lot." I say, with a pointed and frigid tone.

The woman looks down, avoiding my haunting and frightening eyes. Even though I'm years her minor, despite the fact that she's 21, she's scared of me; a twelve year old. It's really quite comical.

"Yes, miss Claire."

I give her a curt nod, then wave her off. "Get back to your chores."

Alexis scurries off without a word, and I open the door while taking a big bite of the apple I now have.

"will you tell me where we're headed now, Edward?"

The demon smirks and chuckles. "No, Little Mistress. You will know when we're there."

I glare at him and reply with silence.

We walk, him leading the way, until we get to an empty, rundown park. I stand there next to Edward for a moment, taking in the broken swing set and rusted slide.