Chapter 4

I'm so sorry that this update took so long! I've been at my mother's house, who sadly did not have any wifi. :/ It sucked. But I tried to make this update long, and I will hopefully update again in the next couple of days to make up for it! And she now has wifi so we're all good!

I reply sharply as I turn towards the kitchen door, holding up my apple. "This is my breakfast, idiot." I don't give the demon enough time to respond as I stalk out of the kitchen and to my room to await this Mey-Rin chick.

Twenty minutes. I've been waiting twenty god forsaken minutes for whoever that damn Mey-Rin woman is.

I started getting irritated after five minutes.

At ten I was mad.

Now I'm so pissed I could kill someone.

So, when the door shot open to reveal a female with huge glasses who stumbles in clumsily, holding a huge dress in her hands, it's all I can do not to lung at her.

My eye twitches.

"I'm sorry for the wait, my Lady! Took a few minutes to find a dress for you, yes it did!" Her voice is annoying as hell, and her accent strongly holds a cockney sound to it. My eyes narrow on her taking in more of her features. Most of the woman's dark, maroon hair appears to be inside of her white bonnet, but she has quite a bit of bangs to frame her face.

Mey-Rin's dress is that of a maid, colored blue and white with a white apron. I look back at her face to see an irksomely wide smile covering it as she holds the dress in her hands up.

"I found a dress that Lady Elizabeth left over once! The Young Master said that he doesn't think she will mind if you borrow it before getting dresses of your own."

As I stare at the dress, my eye twitches.

It's disgustingly pink. Pink and light red. What, is it fucking Valentine Day? Even the layers under the dress were a faint pink, and the bottom had red bows to pull back the top of the almost neon pink skirt to reveal red tiers. It. Was. Huge.

I'm supposed to wear that?

Mey-Rin must have noticed my horror towards dress, because she quickly adds, "You'll only wear clothes like this until we can make your own, my Lady. I promise!"

I sigh wearily and rub my forehead. "Fine. Just...help me into the damned thing."

She looks at me in surprise for a moment.

"Are you from America, my Lady?"

I nod slightly in conformation. "Yes, I am."

"I don't mean to pry, but may I ask what you are doing so far from home?" Mey-Rin sounds as concerned as most women would be when they see a child such a great distance away from their country. But I'm not alone technically, since I have that stupid demon with me. Much to my dismay most of the times. Though, I will admit, he can be useful.

Despite my annoyance, i know it would be rude of me to be unkind to the servants here. And I don't want to make staying here harder than I can already tell it will be. Instead, I smile at her pleasantly.

"Oh, I'm simply visiting for a time. Nothing to worry about though, I assure you. I have a rather able companion to help care for me during my stay here." I'm so happy Edward isn't here to witness me say that about him.

This seems to put the maid at ease, because she begins to assists me while I undress. It makes me feel uncomfortable, someone seeing me naked. But I'm not such a fool that I think I can get into that death trap alone. So I bare through the awkwardness that was only apparent to me.