Chapter 3

I wish I can say that I dreamed. But I can't. Because as I fell asleep, I was plagued with nightmares that should stayed in the past.

"Clairy! Run! Run and don't look back, sweetheart!" Mommy screams at me over the sharp and loud sounds around us.

"Daddy, mommy! I'm scared!"

"I know you are baby! But right now you need to go!" Daddy gently pushes me through the small hidden door in my room. I grab his arm tightly before he can pull away.

"Why can't you and mommy and Austin come? There's enough room! We can leave together!"

Daddy cups my cheeks in his large hands, shakily wiping my tears away, though they continue to fall.

"Because sweetheart, we have to make sure that they don't get to you. Austin is...Austin is going bye bye for a while. And so are we."

I look at him and mommy in fear. "When are you coming back??"

Daddy opens his mouth to speak, but before he can there's a loud bang as the door slams open. Mommy and I let out loud screams and daddy shoves me inside the hidden tunnel.

I know I should run away, but I can't. I can't leave mommy and daddy and Austin. This way they can't leave me. I don't like being alone, they know that!

I cringe when I hear an unfamiliar voice. The man sounds mean and harsh.

"Now now Phantomhives, no loud notices like that. We found one safe, but it didn't have as much as we wanted. Tell us where the rest is, and we'll kill you quickly."

Kill? They want to kill mommy and daddy??

"We don't have anymore! Our branch of the company isn't doing well! You took it all!" Daddy's voice rings throughout the room. It sounds strong and confident, but I can hear fear behind it. I've never seen daddy scared...

The scary man roars in anger, then suddenly mommy is yanked away from the door as daddy is grabbed and pulled also. They both struggle and yell to let them go. I cover my mouth with my hand, silencing my sobs. Daddy told me as we were running to my room to be as quiet as possible, so that's what I'll do.

Other men, just as scary as the first, drag mommy and daddy into the middle of the room, forcing them onto their knees. The man that has been doing the talking so far laughs cruelly at daddy as he tries to get out of the men's hold to get to mommy. Without a word, he walks up to daddy and slits his throat with a knife.

As daddy falls back, I scream behind my hand, making sure that it's quiet. I look into daddy's eyes as he makes choking sounds. I look at his neck and see blood pool out.

Mommy screams and cries and struggles against the bad men. "No! You killed him!"

The scary man smirks dangerously at mommy. He grabs her hair, causing her to yelp in pain as he yanks her closer to his face.

"He's not dead yet, Mrs. Phantomhive. I didn't cut him deep enough. I want him to watch as we all take you, every single one of us."

I look at the other men as the lick their chapped lips and stare at mommy with a hungry look.

Mommy struggles even more while the man starts taking off her clothes. Daddy makes gurgling sounds in protest, but is too weak to get up. One of the bad men prop daddy up, ignoring the blood that's pouring on him, so that daddy can watch them hurt mommy.

And they do. They hurt mommy over and over again, each of the men taking multiple turns as she sobs and tries to get away.

I'm not stupid. I know what they're doing to mommy. In school, the councilor told us all about rape and how bad it is. When parents got mad at them for telling their children about such horrible things, the teachers and principle responded by saying that ten years old is old enough to hear about such things.