[Chapter Nine: Brenda]

❝By our speach we can ruin the world, turn harmony into chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke

❝By our speach we can ruin the world, turn harmony into chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke.❞

--James 3.6

CHAPTER NINE

Reputation:

(n.) Estimation in which a person or thing is held, especially by the community or the public generally.

Reputation. People worried so much about reputation. All people did, even those who feigned they didn't care what other people thought. It couldn't possibly be true, Becca thought.  All people cared. They like to feel loved, cared for, worthy, valuable, and other people's opinions is what give that to them.

'I want to ruin her reputation.' Had been what Camille told Becca when she found Brenda kissing her boyfriend. She had been destroyed, devastated. But when she finally stood up, she was like a bulldozer, taking everything on her path.

Honestly, Becca didn't want to do it. Yeah, she knew how Brenda acted. She'd been around her enough to realize the kind of person she was. Becca guessed it took longer for Camille to catch up on it.

Camille persuaded her though, until she gave up. That's when they put their plan into action. They didn't do anything really, just exposed everything she hid behind all her fake smiles and friendly demeanour. Yet, when she stopped to think about it, it wasn't just anything for Brenda. They'd ruined her so badly that she had to move away, leaving the town for good.

Becca: (@Brendaclarkson)

Bren, hi, it's Becca here. You know, Becca Wylde. 

I'm just...writing this message to tell you how sorry I am for what happened during our sophomore year. I don't know what I expected to happen as a result of what we did, but surely it wasn't how things turned out.

I did wrong, Camille did wrong too. We shouldn't have reacted that way, we should have talked things out as responsible adults, giving you a chance to explain maybe. But what you did was wrong too. I'd never understand how you could do something like that to the person you considered your best friend. What were you thinking? Did you think that nobody would find out? Or you just didn't care?

What about Mel? I thought she was your friend, but then Camille told me about all those times she caught you text messaging with her boyfriend too. And Asher? Why would you flirt with him rising his hopes for something more and then crash them down like that? Seriously, I never got it.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad about it, I'd just like to comprehend. Give you the chance to explain maybe? A second chance? I believe everyone deserves one. My friend told me that. Gosh! I am living on a second chance!

I don't know, I want to understand. Let you know that you are not alone, that you are worth more, that you can be more. I don't know what led you to act the way you did, but I want to tell you that harming other people is never the solution. Believe me, I've been there. Luckily, I got out, but no without help. I'm offering a hand to you now, if you want to take it.

If you trust me enough. If you give me a second chance.

With love,

                   Becky

a/n: Hi guys! I'm wondering... have you ever experienced something like this? When you have a friend who you trust, but then find out that it's a completely different person from the one she pretended to be with you?

Did you ever had a friend like Brenda?

I did.