[Chapter Ten (Part 2): Brian]

❝Can we start over?

❝Can we start over?

Can we be strangers again?
Let me introduce myself.
We can laugh and talk,
And relearn what we already know.

And come up with new inside jokes.

And create new memories.

And give each other,
A second chance.❞

--Unknown

CHAPTER TEN
Friday night...

For the twelfth time that night, Becca fiddled with the sleeves of her pink leather jacket. Nerves were eating at her. Her leg wouldn't stop bouncing, no matter how much she stared daggers at it.

Brian had been a gentleman,  true to his word. He came to pick her up at eight o'clock, drove her to a nice coffee shop Becca had never tried out before, but he assured her it was 'something out of this world'. She'd risen a brow at his choice of words, still, after tasting her coffee mocha and a piece of brownie, she had to give it to him. The whole thing was Yum! Incredibly marvellous. She was sure that from now on that had become her favourite place in town. How had she never tried it before?

"So? How would you qualify it?" Brian asked, placing his cup down on the table.

"Five stars doesn't even do it justice. This whole place is just...wow." She said, looking around in amazement.

He chuckled a bit, following her gaze, "Yeah, I imagined you'd like it." 

Her eyes returned to his, a puzzled expression on her face, "How did you know?"

He finished chewing his doughnut, wiped his fingers on a napkin and shrugged, "Lucky guess?" His eyes met hers, amusement dancing in its depths. Why did he always had to look at her like that? Like she was the most wonderful thing he'd ever crossed paths with.

She shook her head and looked down at her hands, locking and unlocking her fingers, twirling the bracelets around her wrist.

"Are you nervous?" He asked suddenly. 

Becca's eyes snapped up, her hands dropping to her lap and her heart racing.

He watched her reaction with a concerned expression, "Don't be. It's just me."

A shaky laugh escaped her lips, and he let out one of his own too, "Well, I guess that's reason enough to be nervous." His right hand game up to ruffle his hair awkwardly.

That's when Becca realized he was nervous too. And that gave her the courage to ask the next question, "Did you write something interesting this week?"