9.9

Third person:

Michael had his head pressed against the car window as Calum's eyes were attached to the road in front of them. The fainted noise of the car radio playing, filled the awkward silence between the two young boys.

The one thing they both had in mind at that moment was their love towards Luke. Both of them were in love with him, yet Michael won the blonde boy's heart. How could Calum tell Luke that he loves him? Worse, how to tell Michael that he loves Luke.

How to love, they both wondered, though Michael was only insecure about his "loving game", Calum on the other hand had no clue on how to love another. Maybe it's easy, maybe it's not, he thought to himself, before quickly looking at the pale quiet boy sitting next to him to make sure if he was okay.

The broken guy's eyes seemed tired, he looked numb, but how could he not be? The broken heart of his wasn't as strong as it used to be, it was full of scars and pain, that he could not get rid of, no matter how hard he had tried.

The screaming, the tears, everything came back to Michael's mind. He turned his head right in the same moment as Calum looked. Calum gave Michael a fake smile, and Michael did the same to Calum. They were both broken, one more than the other.

What even is love? They questioned themselves. How can someone fall in love with another human being? Does love at first sight actually exist?

A few salty tears fell down Michael's cheeks. All the nights he had cried himself to sleep were countless.

Calum stopped the car. They were finally here. Here to see Luke's blue eyes finally opened after such a long time.

"We're here" Were the only words that came out of Calum's mouth, they were the only ones he could say.

He stepped out of the car before lighting a cigarette, bringing it to his lips and deeply inhaling the smoke, he looked up into the dark night blowing out the poisonous air. Michael had already been out of the car, silently waiting for Calum.

"Oh, you can go, I'll come right after" Calum quickly smiled. Michael nodded, returning the smile back.

He walked into the hospital, looking back a few times hoping for Calum to already be behind him, even though he wasn't. The nurse behind the counter politely smiled at Mike, making her dimples show.

"How may I help you sir?" Her soft voice filled the quiet waiting room.

"I-I'm here to see, Lu-u-uke
He-m-m-mings" The strong looking boy struggled to roll the name of his loved one from his tongue.

"Of course, darling" She began to be more gentle with Michael as she noticed the struggle in his voice.

"He's in room 104, floor 3" The nurse glanced at the computer, then back at Mike, lightly smiling.

"Thank you" Michael responded quietly making his way to the elevator. He stepped inside alone, getting nervous. He was cracking his knuckles, biting onto his sweater and messing with his hair.

'If Luke would've seen mr the way I looked 40 minutes ago he'd probably reject me.'

Those thoughts weren't helping Michael's confidence at all. The sound of the elevator door opening made Michael close his eyes and take a deep breath.

'This is it' he thought to himself, he'll finally see his soulmate after quite a period of time. But will Luke still feel love towards him...?

"Room 104" Michael mumbled, standing in front of the door with the number written on it. He lifted up his hand, making a fist, finally knocking onto the door.

"Come in" The weak voice told Michael.