Chapter 1

Aiden's P.O.V.

I press the tip of my nose against the cold window and stare outside. It is raining heavily and the big raindrops are hitting the glass. Lightning strikes the sky and I can hear the faint sound along with the sound of the wind tugging at the trees. It is mid afternoon but it looks like it is almost dusk. The speed of the train is increased when it enters the familiar countryside. I look out the window and the bean field comes to my vision and disappears in the twinkling of an eye. I sigh and lean backwards on my seat. I am going to get wet.

------------------

I open my eyes at the sudden jerk of the train. I blink a few times and stretch my arms when I realize the train has just stopped. I stand up with everyone and reach for my backpack.

I step out the train and the cold wind hits my face. Few drops were still falling down, so I pull up my hood. I start walking towards the exit of the station which was deserted as always. I sniffle and frown. A good way to start my summer vacation. I have 7 weeks off and have to spend the 3 weeks in the poor farm of my dad. Great, just great. Moreover it was raining at this time of the year. I just couldn't believe my fate. I feel a bit jealous thinking of my friends who are probably on vacations to various fun places and this is my kind of vacation.

I already walked halfway to the farm carrying my heavy backpack. The rain comes down harder getting painful on my skin. My brown bangs already got wet even with the hood on and swept across my face. I don't mind to place them back. I keep walking along the green fields.

------------------

I let out a deep sigh standing in front of the farmhouse. It is newly painted and I have to say it looks better than the last time I was here. And before I put my hand on the knob, a voice behind me makes me jump a feet. I turn around.

"You must be Aiden Lesedi....sorry didn't want to scare you." The guy says with a grin in his face.

I look at him from tip to toe. He is as tall as me. He has black hair and looked my age. I take a couple of steps forward to shake his extended hand. My heart pounds a bit when I look right into his grey eyes. He was wearing a sleeveless white shirt which was wet making his six packs visible through the thin cloth. I mentally say "Damn!" as this guy is the freakiest thing. And next, I mentally slap myself a thousand times for thinking he was handsome. Of course, I am not as handsome as he and of course that's why I was thinking all these. I am not gay or anything. Silly me!

"Hello!" His voice snaps me back to reality. He smiles and looks at his hand which I am still holding. I at once leave his hand as I feel a bright red covering my face. "I-I...yes I am Aiden. And you are Ryan, right?"

He nods. "Yes. Ryan Grayson."

He motions me inside the wooden house and I follow him. He leads me to my room upstairs which is right across his. I feel a bit annoyed thought I don't show it. I feel annoyed because the way he is acting, it looks like I am new here or I don't know where my room is. I thought of reminding him for a moment that I knew this place better than him and he is just here this summer to look after this farm and I am here to check if everything is okay. But I don't say anything anyway. This guy seems nice.

"I wonder why is it raining now. But I am glad it is cause it was really hot yesterday." He says while fixing the bed sheet.

I smile and walk towards the window. "So Ryan, where do you live?"

He walks towards me. "70 miles away." , he says. I can't hear him clearly as I feel a bit startled by the touch of his skin as he was standing beside me.

 "H-huh?"

"I live about 70 miles away from here." He says again. "Okay you need to change. Your clothes are totally wet. And I prepared some snacks. Come downstairs after changing, okay?"

I look at him and nod with a smile to show I owe him. Really, I am so much freaking hungry.

After a peaceful shower I put on a blue T shirt and black skinny jeans and head downstairs. The smell of mushroom and pizza makes my stomach growl more. "Oh my my!" I say sitting on the chair and looking at Ryan who was sitting across the table. "Did you make it yourself?" I ask him and grab a large piece of the pizza.

He nods and stares at me while I take a big bite. I close my eyes and slowly chew the bite....And when I suddenly open my eyes, I notice a still staring at me Ryan. He moves a bit on his seat, embarrassed a little.

"Can I hire you as my personal cook?" I say with a fake pleading tone.

He tilts his head and looks at me, surprised. I say again raising my brows, "Can I?"

He laughs. "Of course, Aiden. I can be your personal...cook if you liked my pizza that much."

And something in his tone makes me breathe heavily which I regret a moment later. Yes, I am totally alone with him in this totally deserted place. So what?

-Picture is Aiden