Chapter 1

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Author's P.O.V

Sky frowned just as the door of the car was opened and the wind hit her face.

She didn't want to be here.

Her parents had been divorced for as long as she could remember.

She lived with her mother. Her mother was a short petite woman.

Her father hates her, he always wanted a boy, the news had hit her like a dagger straight through the chest.

From that moment onwards she had refused to meet him, or acknowledge his presence at all. She didn't want to be a burden on someone.

Of course, her mother didn't know that she had found out the secret she was keeping only to save her from the pain but she found peace in the painful truth.

Her father had remarried and had one stepson. And now she was being forced to move in with his father.

His father lived in Basin City with his family.

She shared no similarity with her mother but the same petite frame other than that she was walking copy of her father, blonde hair, pale rosy skin and deep blue eyes.

Tears came into her eyes as she thought of her mother who passed away two weeks ago due to cancer.
She had screamed and sobbed as doctors gave her the news.

It was difficult. Very difficult.

She was depressed.

Then there was the issue of custody.
At first, she thought her uncle would be given the custody. But the court had said that her condition wasn't stable and they wanted to hand her over to someone who would keep a 'close eye' on her and that's when her dad came into the picture and now, here she is, going to start her life in Basin City, with the father who never wanted her.

She looked at her father as she gets out of the car, followed him was a woman with Burnett hair and pale brown eyes in a yellow sundress and flats. Her hair was in a braid. She guessed she was the woman whom her father married.

"Sky this is my wife Linda." Her father said.

"Nice to meet you." Sky said out of courtesy and the woman grins.

To be honest, she seemed more kind and trustworthy than her father.

"Pleasure." She replied.

They look at her smiling and she shyly looks down, not knowing what to do.

"Let's go inside. You'll love your new room baby girl." Her father said.

"Linda, can you please show sky her room while I pick up Blake from the school."Her father said and she nods.

Linda makes her way up a flight of stairs and sky noticed that she didn't even flinch during her course as she lifted the two heavy suitcases with her.

She enters a room whose wall was painted in dark purple. The curtains were a light Shade of purple whereas the queen bed in the middle of the room had a blue bedspread. The room was fairly large with a big window and a big bookshelf. There was a small closest and a door that probably led to a bathroom on the other side of the room.

Linda placed the suitcase on the floor.

"I hope you like your room." Linda said.

"It's very nice. And thank you for all of this." Sky said when a yawn escaped her lips.

"Tired?" She asked.

"Yeah." Sky mumbled.

"Okay, make yourself comfortable and if you need anything then we will be downstairs." She said.

"I think I'm going to take a nap but thank you." Sky said.

She stretched as she closes the door. Suddenly she felt as if something was watching her, right through her soul, making a shiver go down her spine.

She looked out the window when spots a pair of yellow eyes looking at her and the next moment it was gone.

She thought she's just imagining so she kept the thought aside, changed her clothes and went to bed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys. I hope that you're enjoying my story. I would really appreciate if you would comment on whether I should continue or not and I can improve my writing. Thank you!