Chapter 18

Author's P.O.V

Liam's demeanor changed with lightning speed as he looked at Sky with a hard expression.

"You don't need to know Sky. He's no one. There is no Jason Valentine." Liam said.

"I think I deserve to know." Sky said and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Well, I'm not willing to tell about this man, so please don't even ask me about this man again. Understand?" Liam said rudely and Sky looked at him like he had slapped her.

"How can any of this work, if you don't tell me what's going on. You can't expect me to live with a bunch of... of werewolves and keep me clueless. Please, I need to-"

"Do you understand Sky?" Liam said louder, standing up this time and glaring at her, causing Sky's eyes to fill with tears.

She could already imagine her eyes going red and blotchy as the tears gathered.

"I don't actually." She whispered and Liam sighed irritated.

"What is there to not to understand! God damn it. You don't need to know who the fucking hell he is. Why can't you just mind your own God damn business? Huh?- Oh, and stop crying. Why the hell do you end up crying at every fucking thing Sky? It's getting irritating!" He screamed at her and Sky looked at him breathing heavily, as tears fell down her cheeks in silence and her lips quivered.

So she seriously had no one here.

Linda had vanished along with her dad and Blake...

She couldn't call her uncle for comfort because he technically had no idea what was going on.

Helplessness and a strange sense of loneliness filled her inside as she dully looked at Liam, who was pacing the room, trying to calm himself.

He looked at her and sighed, his features changing into sorrow.

"Sky-" He began to say but was cut off by loud a loud scream.

Liam's eyes quickly whipped to the window, where an extremely pale figure had appeared out of nowhere and in seconds ripped the head of the screaming girl.

It didn't take long for Sky to realize what the girl was actually screaming about. There wasn't only one pale figure but twenty or thirty coming into sight out of nowhere.

"Sky get under the table and don't move a muscle." Liam said hurriedly and Sky quickly nodded as she got under the table, not looking at him or outside the window, where another pale figure had decapitated a child.

Liam looked at her with sorrow as something came crashing through the window, causing Sky shield her head with her hands just in case the table ever got knocked over but it didn't.

To their luck, it was a baseball bat and not their enemy.

Liam howled loudly before sounds of bone cracking filled the air and in no time he was on his fours, as he jumped out of the window, leaving her alone in the coffee shop, with an open window for anyone to walk in and kill her.

Sky could hear screams and howls but didn't have the gut to peek as she hugged herself, taking deep breaths.

She could already imagine the street stained with blood as she silently hoped for the best, even though she didn't know what that was. Screams grew louder and louder by seconds and Sky could feel that her heart would pop out of her chest at any moment.

The cold October night at Basin City had just turned into a battlefield.

At times like these, faith was all one needed with the hope of course but that's what Sky lacked, as her mind drifted to the worst but the logical possibility.