Chapter 5

Sky's P.O.V

I ripped the sheets off my body and found that I was in a dress which was stained with blood.

Slowly I get off the bed making my way to the full-length mirror at the corner of the room.

My head was covered in band-aid and there was a bruise on my calf not to mention the bruise on my upper arm and the wrist braces to top it all off. My hair was matted with blood and looked like a rat's nest.

I gave myself another fleeting look before slowly walking back to the bed, flinching at each step.

I finally sat down and took deep breathing trying very hard to remember a single thing but nothing came.

After a few minutes, I hear feet padding on the hallway floor just outside my room, and I turned my head to the door, trying to get a glimpse of the person.

Blake gave me a small smile as he saw me.

"Can I come in?" He asked and I nod, returning him a smile.

"So, how do you feel?" He asked very gently and slowly while sitting on the sofa I was facing.

"Like I fell from a building, but no worries." I replied.

"So how much do you remember of last night?" Blake asked after a few minutes.

"Not much, actually I was hoping you could tell me. The last thing I remember was us talking then the doorbell rang and you left." I said and he takes a deep breath.

"You slipped and fell down the stairs." He said.

"That sounds like me. So clumsy."

"So you up for breakfast? If you feeling okay to walk." He asked and I nodded, enthusiastically.

"Yes, please."

"I'll be down in a moment, let me clean up first." I said and he nods, leaving the room.

I made my way to the suitcases, vowing to unpack today, and grab a random comfortable outfit with fuzzy bunny flip flops.

Quickly making my way to the bathroom, I showered after stripping out of my bloody clothes, with very difficulty I might add because of the broken wrists.

My wrists stung even with a slight movement but I managed.

After a few minutes, I came out dressed in a pair of pink and white yoga pants and a loose white top.

I clipped my hair into a single messy and twisted bun.

Finally, I made my way out of the room and glared at the stairs a bit as
I made my way down.

I noticed that the house was very quiet, which was okay because I had lived in silence all my life, living in an estate without a single friend, a mother who was always sick and an uncle who practically lived with us.

Life was great. Even though I spent it with practically only two people but it was spent in happiness.

I finally reached the kitchen and spot Blake who was sitting on the counter looking at his phone. He was in his sweats and a T-shirt.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"So, what do you want to eat?" He asked and I looked at him astonished.

"You know how to cook?"

"Of course! But mom and dad refuse to eat whenever I cook, huh, some people just don't recognize talent when they see it. "He says swatting his hands like a girl causing me to raise an eyebrow.