Chapter 31

♦ Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind ♦

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Author's P.O.V

Sky walked out of the pack house, gently smiling at the thought of lunch with Liam. It was fun, even if he was the Alpha, to be honest but he was nice. Kind and funny down that thick shell of his.

Sky grinned as she saw the small girl standing by her car sucking her thumb while Liam talked to someone on the phone, clutching her hand.

To some extent, Liam reminded her of her uncle.

"Hey, sweetie." Sky said softly so she doesn't scare the young girl in front of her.

"Sky!" Annabella said excitedly as she clapped her hands bringing Liam's attention to her as he cut the call without a single word.

Saying he seemed angry was an understatement. He was fuming but miraculously sighed and began massaging his temples when he saw Sky.

He didn't want to scare her.

Sky felt sympathy towards the guy. He was work loaded.

"Hey, Sky. Thank you for looking at Anna for me." Liam said looking at the phone and was going to step towards her but suddenly stopped when he realized what he was going to do.

"I'll see you later then." Sky said and Liam nods before getting into his car beside her and zooms out leaving tire marks in the parking lot.

"He lwikes you." Anna said and Sky blushed shaking her head.

Never had a guy liked her. Well, they all were douches, to be honest.

"Come on, let's get you inside. It's cold." Sky said.

"You're so pwety." Bella said and Sky laughed.

"Really? But you're much prettier. You look just like a princess." Sky cooed and Bella pouts.

"But pwincess have a pwetty pink dwess and pwetty cwown and shiny swoes."

Sky smiled, finally getting the perfect idea how to spend the day with Bella.

"Then we will get you a crown and a pretty pink dress." Sky said clapping her hands, gets up and buckled the girl in the backseat of her car, Bella throws her hand up in the air before excitedly giggling.

Sky took out her cell phone and quickly texted the boys that she was going to the mall. They didn't have a reply to which Sky assumed they were busy.

What were they doing anyway?

Sky shook her head and focused on the road and Anna was chatting away telling her about a boy in the pack who ate glue.

Sky felt eyes on her and shook her head.

Paranoia maybe?

She looks ahead to see anyone but who could watch her in a fast moving car. She looked at the mirror but saw no car behind her, however, she could not shake off this awful feeling.

She took a deep breath and continued to smile, it was a shock how the road was abandoned, barely any people in sight as she pulled up and went into the underground parking lot of the mall, which was barely filled with cars.

Was there a curfew or something?

Sky shook her head and grinned at the girl with slight nervousness, something was wrong.

"Come on Anna, let's get the pretty crown and dress." Sky said and Anna jumps excitedly.

Sky gets out of the car and walked towards Anna's side of the door when she heard whispers.

Revenge...

Sky quickly whipped her head behind her looking here and there, trying to get a quick look at the parking lot.

She swore she had heard it but it was a bit far away.

"Sky?" Anna said when Sky doesn't open the door, bringing her out of her anxiety.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sky said and quickly opened the door helping Anna out and grabbing her hand while locking the car.

She wanted to run home and lock the door but she didn't want to scare Anna, so she made her way to the mall looking around the few empty cars that were there.

She said a silent prayer for her and Anna's safety as her mind drifted to different slasher movies, where the victims ignore their paranoia only for them to murdered along with their family.

A shudder ran through Sky as Anna told her another story but she was too busy on the watch out to bother.

************************************

After many long hours filled with fun and enjoyment, Sky walked out of the mall, holding Anna's hand while the other consisted three shopping bags.

One consisting of the dress, shoes, and crown. The other consisting of candy and the third consisting of a few toys Sky had got her from various shops.

Sky was tensed and stiff throughout as she felt eyes piercing her soul. She couldn't shake them off.

"Thwankywou Sky." Anna said and Sky smiled.

"You're welcome. But you don't have to thank me. I wanted to do this, it wasn't a favor or anything. Maybe you can spend time with me again?" Sky asked and Anna nods enthusiastically as Sky goes to her car, in the now empty parking lot and unlocks it, making the voice echo.

She helped Anna in the parking lot when she heard whispers again but this time it was closer.

Revenge...

Sky whirled around and looked frantically, someone was there.

Revenge...

The voice was getting closer. It was deep, probably a male but where was he?

"Hello?" Sky said hoping to get the man's attention but nothing happened but the worst was, the voice faded and footsteps could be heard like whispers.

"Is anyone there?" Sky said loudly and clear but she doesn't get an answer.

She whirled around again and saw a figure ran from a pillar to another.

Sky could hear her heartbeat rise with every passing second as it drummed against her ribcage. Sweat rolled down her side.

She needed to get out of there.

---------------------------------------------------------
Oh, look! Double update !!

I hope that you enjoyed the chapter. If you did, please vote and comment!