The Parent

P.O.V. Phil

While we were kissing we were standing in front of Rose's window. I look inside to see a sleeping person I stare into her angry widely awake eyes. I gasp and run into her room.

"You're awake!"

"Yeah and you're kissing another man. Dan I assume?"

"Yes, I'm sorry I just don't love you like that. Not anymore."

"You're not even going to try and cover it? What about our family?"

"I don't know but it would be worse if I stayed with you. I would be miserable. I have always put my family first, but no I have to put myself first. I'm truly sorry."

Suddenly all the doctors run in to check her. I see a tear falling down her face. In that moment I start to doubt my decision. Did I do the right thing? That's when I feel Dan's arm around me and again, that spark. I did make the right decision. I put my hand on his hand when my mum comes in with Thomas. Dan wants to pull his hand away but I won't let him.

"Daddy? Why are you holding Uncle D's hand?"

My mum smiles

"Thomas, Daddy has to tell you something. Sometimes mum's and daddy's stop loving each other. Your daddy loves Dan now. I'm so sorry Thomas."

"Do you love him?"

"Yes."

"Are you happy?"

"Yes. Yes I am Thomas"

"Then it's okay, I just want you to be happy."

That's when I realize I raised him so good and I start to tear up. I love him so much, I can't leave him, not then, not now. The thing is I have thought about going back to London before, but I stayed because Rose got pregnant with Thomas and that made me happy again and I fooled myself and told myself I loved her, but I loved Thomas. Then it hits me, Rose woke up. Tabitha can stay and I want to at least see her before I go. I have to. I have to see my daughter. 

"Uhm... Doctor? Now that Rose woke up, Tabitha can stay, right?"

"If your wife still wants her, yes."

"Do you Rose?"

"I don't know Phil. I won't have you anymore, do you expect me to raise her and Thomas by myself. Also she will constantly remind me of my gay husband! So unless you have a very good agreement I don't want to keep or have her."

I don't know what to do. How could she do this, doesn't she love the baby, did she just do it to keep me with her? Would Rose ever do that? No, of course not. Right? Then Dan speaks the magical words, the perfect, angel made words that would save my life on the longrun.

"We can adopt her. And thomas, if you want, Rose. I mean Phil obviously can't be happy without his children and I can't be happy without Phil. I know it's hard to wake up to this reality, but this is what he wants. I still have to get used to it. But if it save anything, we will take them with us. You're stil young, you could get remarried."

"You think I could? Do you really want to take children from another woman that was married to your boyfriend?"

"If that makes him happy, yes, yes I would."

I thought I knew Dan, but I have never seen him so forgiving and loving for something that wasn't his at all. He does loves me, I knew he liked Thomas. Wait! Thomas! He's still here! I turn around and see Thomas with little tears on his cheeks.

"Oh, Thomas. No, you don't have to leave mommy if you don't want to."

Dan steps in and lifts him, he tries to get loose.