chapter twenty one

*not proofread*

Hope's POV

A carnival? He brought me to a carnival? I don't even recall the last time I was at a carnival. It's so alive. Candy floss everywhere, the smell of popcorn.

Every one is smiling. It seems they are happy. Why can't I be happy like that?

"Are you amazed?" Jaiden asks me with a serious expression, he is kind of hopeful. "Yeah, I needed this. Thanks Jaiden." I respond.

"Which ride do you want to go on first?" He asks, he is really happy now.

I am so exhausted, we literally went on every ride. My feet hurt, my throat hurt of all the screaming. We literally ate the whole day, sad to say, but it's time to go home.

"You enjoy yourself Daisy?" He asks. "I sure did. It was really fun." I state. "Did it make you forget about everything?" He wonders. Come to think of it, I did. I never thought of Nick or anyone for that matter, and I'm actually feeling euphoric just by the thought of not thinking about them.

"Yes, I did Jaiden." I grin widely. "Thank you for this." I state. "Its always a pleasure." He responds.

We both and to his car. I'm smiling like I never did in a long time. I actually feel happy. I actually want to do things, other than watch reruns and eat ice cream whole day.

"Want to play a game?" He asks. "Sure, what game?" I ask. "What about we just get to know each other?" He asks curiously. "Okay." I say.

"I'm first." States Jaiden.

"Favourite color?" He asks.

"Black and yours?"I ask. "Grey." He says. "And it's your turn now." He states.

"Uhmm... favourite movie?"

"Too many to mention, you?"

"Same."

And that was our night, I really found out weird things about him, like that he watched 13 Reasons Why and he cried and Clay's tape. And that he hit people's butt and look the other way and pretend that he didn't do anything. And that his  favourite ice cream is caramel, which is mine as well.

I've never laughed so much in a long time. My hand was clutching my stomach from all the laughter.

Now I'm laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and just thinking. Thinking of what I should do. What university should I attend. My life, literally everything. How Jaiden came into my life all of a sudden, and how he made me happy today.

I gave up on love a long time ago. I've decided that relationships are not for me and that I won't be in one till my dying day. And I know that's a stupid thing to do.  But that's just how I feel right now.

*beep beep*

*beep beep*

I grab my phone, ugh. It's Nick. What the fuck does he want now?

"Hello?" I ask

...
...
...
...

"I love you."