CHAPTER 8: ISRAEL VERONA

Chapter 8: Israel Verona

~SA-EL~

I put down the cigarette butt on the ashtray as I reached for my ringing phone on the bedside but the girl beside me spoke before I can reach for the thing.

"Are you gonna pick that one up?" she asked as she ran down her long slender fingernails from my chest down to my naked bulge which was covered with a blanket. I gave her my sweetest smile and ignore the sensation that was brought by her caress. Nang makita ko ang pangalan ni Mimo sa screen ay agad ko iyong sinagot.

"Hello-"

"My mental abilities tell me that you're on the bed with a skinny chic and-"

"Anong pakay mo?" wika ko sa kanya. I don't believe that it's his mental powers that told him so. It's my routine kaya alam na niya kung nasaan ako sa mga ganitong oras.

I heard his naughty laughter from the line. "Ibig sabihin ay tumpak ako."

"Mimo-"

"You're late. Alam mong may mahalaga tayong pag-uusapan ngayon," paalala niya. When I tried to recall what day today is, I mumbled a curse under my breath.

"I'm on my way," wika ko at agad na pinatay ang tawag. I looked at the girl who was pretty busy doing her job down there.

"How do you like that?" she asked and gave me her seductive smile. Before she goes down again, I pulled her up and gently push her out of the bed. "What the hell?!"

"I'm sorry, Monique-"

"I'm not fucking Monique! It's-"

I handed her her undergarments which I found on the bed. "Babe, it's such a great time but I really need to go but you must go first," wika ko at tumayo, not minding my nakedness.

Halos malaglag ang panga niya sa sinabi ko. "You're tossing me out of your place?" Halos hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya. "Heck, I'm Cara Cojuangco and no one would dare to ask me out of their place!"

"Ah, I felt honored to be the first to do so," wika ko sa kanya. I don't mean to be harsh but this girl is just wasting my time. "And you're Cara who? All I knew is that you're just a bitch who enjoyed her thirty minutes with me."

Napanganga ang babae at padabog na nagbihis. "You will pay for this, Israel Verona!" Pinulot niya ang nagkalat na high heels at tinungo ang pinto na bitbit iyon. Before she reached for the door, I told her to stop. Tumigil siya at nanggagalaiting napatingin sa akin.

"What?!"

Lumapit ako sa kanya at may hinigit mula sa mala-drop box niyang cleavage. It was my diamond-embedded watch which I wore a while ago. Unti-unting nanlaki ang mga mata niya nang dahan-dahan ko iyong inilabas at nginitian siya.

"Uh-uh. You still have a lot to learn and I think its value is more than just yours so you cannot get this as payment," wika ko. Pulang-pula ang mata niya at halos hindi makapaniwala sa nangyari.

"W-when did you..."

"Just go," wika ko at binuksan ang pinto para sa kanya. Marahil ay dahil sa hiya ay agad itong tumakbo palabas. She didn't even bother to wear her shoes. I smiled as I recall how she did it. While picking up her scattered clothes on the floor, she reached for my watch which she managed to remove during her foreplay performance. Napangisi na lamang ako habang iniisip kung bakit sa dami ng pwede niyang nakawan, ako pa talaga ang naisipan nito.

I am a professional thief. I stole so many gems and treasure at hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa ako nahuhuli. Its either I am good in hiding or the police are just good for nothing.