McMonopoly

*edited*

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

After three weeks of attending the nightmare that is Norrisville High, you began to sense a pattern; not that it was all that hard to spot. A monster or robot attacks, the ninja smokebombs in to save the day, does some property damage (accidentally of course), then defeats his opponent and disappears.

A piece of ceiling crashed down, missing you but destroying your project in the process. It would be nice if he would stop destroying the town though. With a heavy sigh, you lifted the debri away and tried to salvage what you could.

"Aw man, Cunningham! That was so awesome! The way that robo ape just exploded!"

Trying to reconstruct your scale model of Little Norrisville with your spare glue, you couldn't help but agree with Howard. "Yeah, it was pretty cool. It's too bad you always miss the action; though I'm glad you're staying out of harm's way. I mean, I've almost died like five times in the past week." You waved your hand and accidentally knocked half of your reconstruction over. "Aw, dang it!" Giving up on the project, you missed the worried look Randy shot you.

"Maybe you should start hiding too."

"Yeah probably. Hey, why don't I start hiding with you?"

"NO!" You flinched back, surprised at Randy's sudden outburst. Seemingly realizing his mistake, he quickly backtracked, "I mean, uh, no you can't because um..."

"Don't worry Randy, I was just messing with you. I know you don't want to disclose your hidey hole." Deciding to change the subject, you directed the conversation towards tonight's plans. "Are you guys ready for Whoopee World?"

Three days ago, McFist had released a commercial announcing the grand opening of 'Whoopee World's Super Sonic Thrasher Master' aka W.W.S.S.T.M. It was a mouthful to say, but McFist claimed that it was the most stomach churning, looped-y looping roller coaster ever created. You weren't gonna lie, you were pretty excited. When Randy and Howard showed you the commercial, the coaster looked very enticing with all of its loops, drops and fancy lights. It even went through water on part of it.

The boys light up with enthusiasm. Randy pumped his fists in the air. "Aw yeah! It's gonna be the cheese! Reviews say that it's a 100% McFist guarantee that you'll be hurling by the end of it."

You gagged at the image as Howard continued. "Man, I'd better or I'm demanding a refund. But, McFist has never disappointed before. Well, except for the-"

Randy's hand slapped over Howard's mouth so fast that you were sure it was going to leave a mark. Giving Howard the stink-eye, he said, "What Howard meant to say was-"

"That McFist holds a monopoly over Norrisville and has bought out almost every other business in the surrounding area so he can exploit people for their money and stay on top of the hierarchical food chain." The boys looked at you slack jawed. You cleared your throat and averted your eyes, twisting the helm of your shirt nervously. "...or something like that. Sorry, I've been taking sociology and... um... what were you going to say, Randy?"

He shook himself out of his stupor and smiled. "It was nothing, just that we should probably start heading to class." Waving Howard goodbye as his class was in the opposite direction, you picked up the ruins of your project and threw it in the nearest trash can. You thought the topic of conversation would change, but Randy decided otherwise. "So you figured all that out in the three weeks you've been here? That's pretty impressive."

Shrugging, your nerves slowly began to dissipate at his lack of judgment. "Not really. I mean, just take a look around us. McFist products are built into almost every aspect of our lives – at least in Norrisville. I've never seen so much of one company brand in any other state I've traveled to. It's kinda weird no one's revolted by now." You held open the auditorium door for Randy for your shared theater class. "After you, m'dude."