The one that got away

(I suggest listening to the song as you read the chapter. :) sorry for the wait. Also TRIGGER WARNING)

Jay tilted over the edge, when he heard a voice calling him. He looked over his shoulder. A certain (h/c) haired girl ran towards him. Tears relevant in her eyes.

His eyes widen. She found the letter too soon, or he didn't jump soon enough. Either way, he didn't want her to see this. He loved her, and he knew how much it would damage her if she witnessed it.

His heart raced as he looked at the rushing river below him. It raced even more when he looked back up at the beautiful face coming toward him.

"What to do? What to do..." Jay muttered to himself. Then he knew. Everything clicked in his mind.

"She doesn't care about you."
"She's like everyone else. She only cares because you are leaving. They were right. No on cares until you're gone."
"She has the team."
"She has a boyfriend."
"What do you have? Nothing. That's what."
"There's nothing left for you to love here."
"You're broken."
"You're wounded."
"You are worthless."

Jay had tears falling from his eyes. He was going to do it. Kill himself.  His knees crouched as he was to jump over the edge.

(Y/n) rushed faster seeing the bending of his knees. The expression on his face. She knew it all to well, he was broken beyond comprehension. Her hand flew into his.

He startled as he looked at her. Tears ran down (y/n)'s cheek. Never stopping any time soon.

He huffed trying to reach out of her grip. She was surprisingly really strong. Maybe he was just weak. He didn't know any longer.
"Let me go." He growled.
"Why would I do that?" She frowned.
"Because you don't want to see me hurting any longer. If you truly cared about me you'd let me do this..." he glared.

(Y/n) was taken aback. She was speechless. His words so cold, yet so much pain dripped from them.
"Jay I.."

His eyes softened. Placing two frail fingers to her lips he shushed her before she said something she'd regret. His hand then moved to her cheek as he stroked it gently. Their eyes met. Love making an appearance in both of them. Too bad Jay didn't know that look. To bad he didn't understand, maybe things would've changed course. Though, since his knowledge of this look of love wasn't there things just escalated even more.

She felt his hands shake as they stroked her cheek. She placed her hand out of his. Then she rested it on top of the hand that stroked her cheek.

In that moment she knew she loved him. That look he gave her. The way he touched her. That's when she knew. That she was in love with him. If only she realized sooner.

Jays eyes studied hers and all of her. He knew that this would be the last time he would see her.  She was the only image he wanted in his mind before he was to plug down, into the river, and then drown to his death.

Jay finally broke the silence. "(Y/n)..." he spoke in a hushed tone.
"Yes?" She sobbed.
"You know what I know?"
"What?"
"I always knew I'd take a bullet for you." He says as pain ebbed through his chest. Sobs echoed from her lips. 
Finally her mouth opened to speak.
Jay interrupted. "And I always knew you wouldn't take one for me." He muttered.

Then he.....jumped.....down to the rushing river below the bridge where his love stood.

It all happened so fast. (Y/n) yelling. People crowding and screaming. Ambulances and police being called.

The people all pushed their way past (y/n) who was in shock from most of it. She was fading away, but before she faded away completely, something snapped.

"Get up. And go get your man. Take that bullet for him." She muttered to no one in particular.

I know this one is kind of shorter than the others, but I kept trying to add on and I didn't know how to end the chapter good enough. I just didn't like the outcome every time I tried to make it longer. I'm sorry. I guess I just liked this sentence and I didn't want to ruin the meaningfulness of it. I hope you all don't mind.

No this isn't the end of the book. I promise.

Well I'm on summer break so I'm trying to update more.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Till next time

PEACE! ✌️