Rest in Peace

Recommendation: Listen to the song as you read.

(Y/n) heard pounded as she rushed to the rivers edge. It was rushing quickly. How would she find him? Tears rushed down her cheeks like the river that raced at her feet.

"Think think think.." she muttered to herself. She didn't know how to find him and it was wasting time. He'd be dead soon, so she hopped into the river. She swam as fast as she could in hopes of finding her man. Time was running thin. "H-how can I do this..."she thought.

(Y/n) the quickly went under water opening her eyes. She looked around. Trying to find the ginger head boy. Her arms and legs began to cramp as she tried and tried to find him. She couldn't give up on him. She couldn't live with herself if he died, because she didn't want to admit she loved him.

She gasped coming up for air and immediately swimming again, though it wasn't really swimming the river had been pushing her to a fro. Eventually it pushed her to the shore .

Her body laid at the shore as she coughed gasping for air. She pounded the ground, screaming and crying. "Jay I love you!" She yelled, sobbing.

The people watched helplessly as this girl tried to find him. It was taking a long while. Suddenly when all hope was lost a bright burst of vibrant blue light came to their vision.
To their shock they saw her. She was glowing, her eyes were glowing. Everything about her was radiating blue. They watched as her foot stepped in the water, and it separated, reviling a unconscious boy. They gasp.

The ninja who had just shown up watched helplessly as (y/n) picked up the pale male. She had found her true potential, but was it soon enough?
Kai, Lloyd, Camilla, Cole, Nya, Zane, and Sensei all came rushing down to the rivers edge as (y/n) brought him to the shore line.
"What happened?" Lloyd asked putting an arm around (y/n). She shoved him off. "Isn't that obvious?" She muttered checking his pulse. It was there, but barely, but it suddenly stopped. (Y/n) begins preforming CPR as she feels the immediate stopping of his heart rate.

Lloyd stared at her, Camilla crying in his chest softly as he hugged her. Kai hugged Nya, who was also crying. Cole stared into nothing. He was losing his best friend. While Zane and Sensei helped (y/n) until the paramedics arrived.
-
(Y/n) stared longingly at the ambulance that left toward a hospital. Lloyd looked at her. "Can we talk?"
She nodded and stood up. She didn't look in the best shape, Lloyd would admit. Her eyes puffy and sad. Her face splotchy from crying. Her hair dripping with water as long as her clothes. Makeup cascaded down her cheeks like chalk that got washed away from the pavement.

Lloyd immediately embraced her. She did nothing. "Babe." He spoke. (Y/n) hushed him. "Don't call me that." She hissed. Lloyd's eyes widen. "You're my girlfriend... why can't I call you that?" She looked away then back at him. "Look we both know. You don't love me. You love someone else." She said motioning to Camilla. Lloyd blushes. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said taking her hand. (Y/n) took his hand off of hers and slaps him. "Obviously you do. What boyfriend, rein checks on dates to be with another girl. Don't take me for an idiot! You broke my heart." She sighed frustrated and tears rushed down her cheeks. "I'm breaking up with you. I can't give my heart to a man who's heart belongs to someone else. That's not fair to me or her. Go with her, not me." Lloyd glanced at her and sighed. "I'm sorry." (Y/n) shook her head. "No you aren't, if you were you would've saved me the heart break and broke up with me." And with that said she left. She stormed past her teammates and Sensei. She stormed past the crowd of reporters without a word. She stormed past the people that were trying to surround her. She wasn't about to have any of this.
-
Her feet roamed aimlessly trying to find the hospital they had brought Jay too. Her heart heavy, but her mind empty. She couldn't think. She didn't want to think. Too many emotions were hidden in her brain, and she didn't want to feel. All she wanted was to have Jay in her arms; smiling and joking, just like the good old days before he lost himself. She wanted to hear his beautiful laughter. She wanted to see his untainted smile. She was to hold her arms around him, never letting go, because she loved him.

He was always there to make her smile when things were tough. He was always there to catch her when she fell. He was always there to save her when fighting was getting too difficult. He was never not be her side. This time she wanted to return the favor.
-
Her feet finally made it to the 5th hospital of the day. She went to the desk. The receptionist gave her a weird face. Understandably, since she did look like quite the mess. "Hello, is there a Jay Walker anywhere in this hospital?" She asked politely. They lady nodded, he should be resting, but he's in room 126."
"May I see him?"
"Yes, but are you sure you don't want to see him when he is responsive?"
"I'm positive... he wouldn't want to see me if he was.." she muttered, walking but more like running to his room.

The wooden door ached at the pounding of her fist. She only knocked to be sure he wasn't awake. When there was no answer she assumed he was still asleep, so she walked in quietly, shutting the door behind her. Her footsteps slow and quiet as she made her way to his bed side.

Her (e/c) eyes widen at the sight. It was Jay. He was awake. A scowl was placed on his face. "Jay?" She remarked quietly.
His eyes averted from the blank wall he was staring at to stare at (y/n).
"Oh... someone finally decided to show up." He spoke, practically spitting venom at her.
"I-I.." -Her heart broke- "I tried to be quicker. I tried 4 hospitals, before I found the one you were in. I'm sorry it took so long." She replied, hesitantly sitting at the edge of the bed. He huffed folding his arms. "Where's your boyfriend?" He muttered.
"I broke up with him. It's just me, everyone else is still trying to get here."
"..." It was silent for a few minutes. It was heart reaching at how quiet it was.
"Why did you save me?" Jay suddenly blurted out.
"Isn't that obvious? It's because I love you Jay Clayton Walker. I love you so much."
"You're just saying that."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are. Just shut your mouth. I don't want to hear this BS." Jay yelled.

(Y/n) jumped slightly startled at his sudden rudeness. She looked at him pain relevant on her face. Tears fell from her eyes once again. She dragged herself off his bed and onto a chair in the corner of the room that was next to a window. Her eyes stared out the window looking at the rushing city below.

Jay stared at her. His eyes softening as they wondered her body. She was head to toe drenched in water. Makeup and mud was lathered all over her face besides the streaks of no color where tears had been. Her eyes red and swollen, with never ending rivers leaking out of them. Her hands and legs shaking and shivering. He could tell she wasn't just cold , she was traumatized. 'What have I done?' Jay thought to himself.

"(Y/n)?" He asked in a hushed tone.
(Y/n) turned her head looking at him.
"I'm sorry..." he said truthfully.
She shook her head. "I should be the one apologizing."
"Why's that?"
"Because I just watched as you struggled. I didn't help you as soon as I should've."
Jay sighed he held out his hand hoping for her to take it. She looked from his hand to his eyes. Slowly, she made her way back to his bed side holding her hand in his. Jay leaned down kissing the top of her hand.
"You're freezing!" He replied worriedly.
"I'll be fine." She smiled weakly.
Jay nods slowly. "I'm sorry for the way I acted a few moments ago. I was angry that I wasn't dead, but seeing you act this. I realized I never should've even tried. It only makes things worse for the people that actually care about you. Thank you for saving me. You're my hero." A smile crept onto both of their lips. (Y/n) looked at Jay as she was going to say something, but she saw him slowly drifting off to sleep due to the sedatives he was given earlier.

She smiled and kissed his forehead. "I didn't just save you. You saved me." She whispered as he fell asleep.

Hey! A long chapter! I'm sorry you waited so long, but I hope it was good enough for that wait. I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Idk about you but it gave me the feels.

Let me know what you want to see next, and maybe I'll incorporate it somewhere :)

IM CURRENTLY WRITING A NEW BOOK AND HOPING THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL BE OUT TODAY, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT 😁

Till the next chapter,

PEACE ✌️