Chapter 7

After the pizza arrived, the conversation turned to much lighter affairs. It wasn't long before I found myself comfortably laughing with everybody else. The Akatsuki aren't that bad. Sure some of them were a little weird and Hidan was easily provoked but they seemed like good people to me. After dinner, the guys decided to test my video game skills on Mortal Kombat. I smiled to myself. They had no idea who they were messing with. I was challenged one by one and showed the guys just how good I was. I was finally to the last challenger: Hidan. He apparently was so good at Mortal Kombat that he had earned himself the nickname of the Immortal. After an intense battle, I finally won the match. I jumped up and cheered. "Wohoo! I beat the Immortal!" "What the hell! Well if this was a real battle, there's no way you could beat me!" Hidan exclaimed. I stopped my cheering and put my hands on my hips. I turned to him with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. "I'll have you know that I learned Aikido from some of the best." "Oh yeah? Then let's go to the backyard and test your skills." There were some low whistles as the Akatsuki followed Hidan and I to the backyard. "I wouldn't underestimate her, Hidan. I bet she's pretty bad ass," Konan said. "You want to bet some real money on that?" Kakuzu asked. Before I knew it, the various members of the Akatsuki were placing actual bets on who would win. Konan, Sasori, Obito, and Itachi bet on me while Deidara, Pain, and Kisame bet on Hidan. Kakuzu was in charge of the bets. Hidan and I got into our respective stances. Pain yelled begin and Hidan made the first move. He charged at me and swung a punch towards my gut. He was fast but his moves were sloppy and I easily dodged the blow. He made a few more swings at me and I dodged all of them. He stopped swinging and looked at me in surprise. I laughed. "C'mon Hidan. I thought this was a fight? You're punching like a girl." "Screw you!" He yelled. He then charged and swung a punch with full fury behind the blow. I dodged again and let him run past me. I grabbed his other arm and twisted it behind his back while also tripping him. His momentum caused him to lose his balance and he fell face first in the grass. I landed on his back with his arm locked behind him in a painful hold. And just like that, the fight was over. There was a shocked silence in the yard for a moment. "Aww come on Hidan! You could have at least made my bet seem worthwhile," Deidara complained. "I didn't think he would lose so quickly to a girl," Kisame said. "Shut up! Why don't you come over here and-" I twisted Hidan's arm a little and he stopped his ranting. I looked back over to Kisame. "You think you can do better Kisame?" I challenged with a mischievous grin. Kisame put his hands up in surrender and shook his head. I smiled and let go of Hidan. We both got up. I could tell there was newfound respect in his eyes now. I stuck my hand out. "Are we still good?" I asked. He smiled and shook my hand. "Yeah, we're still good." I turned to the others with a grin on my face. "And that's how you show who's boss," Konan grinned. We all went back inside. I was having so much fun that I wasn't ready to leave yet so we decided to put on a movie. It ended up being some horror movie that was picked. I was watching the first half of it when I started to doze off. I slumped over onto someone's shoulder. I was too tired to even bother to ask who it was. Darkness soon overtook me.

Obito's POV

Asami had rested her head on my shoulder and had fallen into a deep sleep. I watched as she took slow, deep breaths. "She trusts us enough to let her guard down even though she just met us," Itachi spoke. "She's always been quick to warm up to people," I spoke in a low voice. I remembered how happy and carefree she was as a child. While she had some scars now, it was nice to see that she hadn't lost her light. "I'll take her home," I said. "Do you need me to come with you?" Deidara asked. "No, it's fine. I got it." I gently picked her up in my arms so I was carrying her bridal style. The movement caused her to stir a little and she sleepily blinked her eyes open. "What's going on?" she murmured. "I'm taking you home," I told her. "Oh, ok." "We'll see you later, ok Asami?" Konan told her. "Feel free to come by anytime," Pain said. "Sasori, can you get the door and my keys for me?" I asked. He nodded and left the room. "It was nice to meet you all," Asami said as she waved goodbye. Everybody said goodbye. As I walked down the hallway with her, her head fell back against my chest and she fell back asleep. Guess she was pretty tired. Sasori was holding the door to the garage open for me and I saw that the passenger door to my car was already open. I tucked her into the passenger seat and put her seat belt on. I gently closed the door and turned to Sasori who had followed behind me. I held my hand out and he dropped the car keys in them. "Thanks Sasori." He just nodded in acknowledgment. I went around to the driver's side and opened the door. Before I got in the car I heard Sasori say, "Take care of her." I managed to conceal my surprise as I said, "Of course." It's unusual for Sasori to care about anyone else, I pondered as I drove out into the night. It wasn't long before I arrived in front of the student dorms. I parked and got out of the car. I opened the passenger door and stared down at her. I hate to do this but... I gently shook her. "Asami, what's your room number?" "50C." She mumbled. "Alright," I said as I picked her up. I managed to find her room easily enough and knocked on the door. A girl with long dark hair opened the door. She blinked in surprise and made a little 'oh' sound. "Is she okay?" She asked with a concerned tone. "Yeah, she just fell asleep. I decided to bring her home." The girl nodded and opened the door wider. She pointed to Asami's bed and I set Asami down. I took off her shoes and tucked her under the covers. "Sweet dreams," I whispered. I gently kissed her forehead and stood up. "Thank you for bringing her home," the girl told me. "No problem," I said. I realized I recognized her from Algebra class. I stuck my hand out. "I'm Obito, by the way." "Hinata." She shyly shook my hand. "I'll see you ladies in class tomorrow," I said as I walked out the door. "Bye," she whispered as she softly closed the door. I'm really glad Asami goes here.