Chapter 10

I looked up to see that it was Temari who had spoken. "Yes, Temari?" I asked carefully. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you the other day about being friends with the Akatsuki. I realized it's none of my business and that it's not fair for me to judge you based on events that happened in the past. So, can we be friends again?" I nodded. "Thank you Temari and yes, lets be friends again." She smiled and we gave each other a light hug. We walked to our seats with smiles on our faces. We were studying bugs in Biology class today. Temari was grossed out by the bugs. I, on the other hand, was totally engrossed. Shino seemed to be surprised by my interest in bugs. "You're not like most girls," he told me. I shrugged. "That suits me just fine." For the rest of the class, Shino and I conversed about the different bug species and their unique traits. Shino struck me as the kind of guy who took everything seriously. That was evident when I tried to joke about insect cuisine and he looked sick by the thought. Gaara had walked with me to my next class. The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I ate dinner with Naruto and his friends again. This time, I had participated in many of the conversations. As I fell asleep that night I thought to myself, I could get used to this.

The rest of the week had passed in a blur and soon it was Saturday, the day of the Akatsuki party. I had spent most of the day getting my homework done so I was ready to have fun and enjoy myself tonight. I had gone shopping with Sakura and Ino the other day and they had helped me pick out the outfit that I was wearing tonight. They swore that I looked amazing. I pulled out the outfit. It was a short black dress with see through lace sleeves (A/N: the pic at the top is her dress) and black lace heels. I also put on long silver earrings and a silver bracelet. I styled my hair so it was pinned in the back and hung in loose waves. I had put on a little makeup and grabbed a little black clutch. I analyzed myself again in the mirror. "Wow Asami, you look great." I turned to see Hinata smiling at me. "Thanks Hinata." I felt my phone buzz. It was a text from Deidara. About to pull up. "Ok, I have to go." As I was walking out the door, I heard Hinata say, "Have fun."

To get to the front entrance of the dorms, I had to cut through the lounge area. I heard a lot of voices as I approached. When I entered the room, I noticed all of the guys from Naruto's group was there. The first person to notice me was Kiba. "Holy sh!t Asami, is that you?" I blushed. "Yeah." All heads turned to me. All the boys were looking at me in shock and awe. For a minute, it was dead silent. You could hear a pin drop. "I forbid you to leave in that," Sasuke said. "What?" As soon as I said that, all hell broke loose. The boys had walked over and started to crowd around me. "Asami, you look gorgeous! Why should the Akatsuki be getting all of your attention tonight?" Naruto asked. "Umm.." Before I could answer, I felt somebody wrap their arm around my waist. I looked up to see Kiba giving me a grin. "Babe, you look amazing. You shouldn't waste your time with the Akatsuki. You should hang out with me instead." Someone else grabbed his arm and yanked it away from my waist. "Shut up, you loser. Like she'd ever hang out with you." Sasuke turned to me. "You shouldn't be going out in that," he stated coldly. I put my hands on my hips. "And why not?" "Because it's completely inappropriate. You'll draw way too much attention in that outfit." I frowned and was about to give him a piece of my mind when Kankuro spoke up. "Oh come on Sasuke. Even you have to admit she looks great." I looked over to see he was grinning and Gaara was standing next to him. Gaara had a blush on his face and he was looking away from me. "You look beautiful enough to paint," Sai told me. "You really do look great," Choji said. "Not even the stars could shine as beautiful as you tonight Asami!" Lee yelled. "For once, I agree with him," Neji said. "Beautiful does not seem to be a strong enough word," Shino said. I could feel my face turn redder with every compliment. I've never been the center of attention like this before. I looked down at my feet when I felt a hand rest between my shoulder blades. "Alright guys, leave her alone. C'mon Asami, I'll walk you outside." I looked over to Shikamaru and nodded. He gently guided me through the group and lead me outside. I took a breath of relief when we were alone. "Thanks for saving me back there Shikamaru." He shrugged. "You sure can be a troublesome woman." He said this with a smile so I knew he didn't mean any harm by it. "But... You really do look stunning Asami." I blinked in surprise. Before I could say anything, he had walked off. I heard the honking of a car horn.

I realized it was Deidara's car. As I walked over, I saw that the passenger window was rolled down. "Sasori didn't come so sit in the front." I got in the passenger seat of the car. Deidara looked over at me. He looked me up and down and gave a low whistle. "I think I like seeing this side of you Asami." He chuckled as he drove off. As we pulled into their neighborhood, I noticed that the street was lined with cars. "Uh, how many people did you invite to this party?" I asked. "Oh you know, the usual." My gaze roved over the seemingly never ending cars. This seemed like a lot of people for 'the usual'. When we got to the house, I could hear music playing and saw lights in the backyard. We walked into the house and it was packed. There was a dance floor set up in what was once the living room, as well as some stage lights. Music was playing loud and the room was filled with dancing people. I looked through the back doors and saw that the DJ was set up outside with more people dancing out there. "C'mon, the others are in the basement." Deidara took my hand and pulled me through the crowd. "You guys have a basement?" I questioned. He pulled me to a door that I hadn't seen before. It opened onto some steps and he pulled me down into the basement. It was actually a fairly nice basement. It had a pool table, a bar, and a lounge area with a large t.v. Some of the Akatsuki members were playing pool while the rest were lounging in the chairs. I noticed Obito was nowhere to be seen. Hidan gave an appreciative whistle. "Damn Asami, you look smokin." "You guys don't look bad yourselves." I had to say they looked pretty hot with their matching black and red leather jackets. "Well I should get going on drinks," Hidan said. I watched as he went upstairs. "Why don't you come play billiards with us?" Kisame offered. "Umm, I don't know how to play," I said sheepishly. "I can teach you," Sasori said. I nodded. Sasori had grabbed a cue and showed me how to hold it before he passed it to me. I tried to hold it like he showed me but apparently I was failing. "No, like this-" Suddenly I felt his chest up against my back and his hands cover mine. "You want to hold it like this so your aim is better," he breathed right into my ear. I was barely able to focus on what he was showing me with him being so close like that. "L-like this?" I stuttered. I tried to keep my face from turning as red as his hair. "Hey! Don't you think you're being a little close?" Deidara yelled. "Do you have a problem Deidara?" Sasori asked. "Damn straight I do! You're making her uncomfortable, hn!" Sasori backed off and turned to Deidara. "Or maybe you're just jealous?" "Why you-" "Enough you two," Pain said. Deidara sent him a glare before he grabbed my hand. "C'mon Asami, let's go upstairs." "You just came down," Kakuzu stated. "Yeah well, Asami wanted to do some dancing." "I did?" I don't remember saying that. Deidara gave me a 'just go with it' look as he dragged me upstairs.