Homesick

A week could not possibly come soon enough for Jack. For seven days he sat in that stupid bed, resting half of the time and using the rest of the hours to watch his videos. It felt strange for Jack to watch his own content like an unsuspecting viewer, having no idea who exactly Jacksepticeye was, but he wanted to reconnect with his old self.

But with each video passed time, and with each hour that passed Jack grew more acquainted with his past life. Apparently he was a millionaire who gave lots of money to the poor and the needy, and according to his subscribers he had a huge heart and "sexy eyes," which Jack chuckled at. But he was glad that he had been a good person, and he hoped to be able to continue inspiring others. Many comments said that they loved Jack and that he was such an amazing person, and it made the Irishman's chest glow warmly and get misty eyes.

It was on the seventh day that he was watching another one of his vlogs when his nurse came in.

"Sean, you have a visitor." Jack looked up, and he dropped Marzia's phone as he stared at the visitor.

"H-hi Sean." Signe looked back to watch the nurse leave, then looked back at her boyfriend and shyly kept her distance. Jack stared for a moment before he gave her a smile.

"H-hey Piishu," he weakly joked. Relief lit up in the girl's eyes, and she shyly came over to him and sat down at his side.

"H-how are you feeling?" She asked quietly. Jack shrugged his shoulders.

"I've been better... I think." Signe blinked a few rapid times, forcing herself to keep smiling.

"Do you... remember anything?" She asked hopefully. Jack was quiet for a moment.

"... I remember a little bit about you," he admitted. "I remember telling you that I love you, and that I would protect you from the storm." Signe covered her mouth to stifle a sob and nodded, tears welling in her kind eyes.

"Y-you did," she cried. "You said you would keep me safe, but instead I failed to keep you safe! When the ship got hit you were taken away from me, and there was a hole in the wall and-and-" Jack took Signe's hands and gently squeezed her.

"It's ok," he whispered. "It's ok, I'm ok, I just got a little hit in the head that's all..." Signe sniffled.

"B-but I saw the-the scans, y-you broke your leg and strained a tendon," she wept. "And-and then those bruises and scratches, and-and then I saw that monster on the news! It was so close to you, and it could have killed you!" Jack bit his lip.

"N-no, actually," he gently corrected. "That "monster" is actually my friend." Signe looked at him with confusion in her eyes.

"H-huh? But the news said-"

"I don't care what the news said, please Signe listen to me." Jack sat up and looked the young women in the eye. "He saved me life. If it wasn't for him, I'd be dead. All this time he protected me, he kept me safe! He's not a monster, he's my friend." Signe was silent for a moment, and Jack added, "I'll tell you what, today is my last day here in the hospital. When I get out, Felix is gonna take me to see Mark, and when he does I want you to come with me, and then you'll see that he's not bad. You'll all see that he's harmless!" Signe hesitated before answering.

"... o-ok," she agreed. Jack smiled in relief and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you," he murmured. Signe nodded, and they hugged each other tightly and sat there together in the silence.

Jack impatiently tapped his fingers against his crutches as he watched the three sign the papers for his release. He had to sign a few papers to consent and shit, but finally after what felt like forever he was permitted to leave. He said goodbye to the front desk lady and followed his friends out of the hospital, and he squinted before his eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight.