Chapter 9|Friends

Blaire

I went home, my body shaking. My mind racing. I sat at my desk writing down everything that happened. Drawing a few pictures too. I was so tired, but I was so scared to fall asleep. Dad knocked on the door before opening it, I looked over at him.

"You feeling okay?" I nodded, completely lying. I didn't want dad to find out about the dreams.

"Yeah." I answered, sighing lowly, he nodded and came into my room further.

"Your aunt said your sleeping habits are getting a bit better." I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm still working on it." I answered truthfully, he walked over and hugged me.

"You know that if you ever needed anything, I'm your father, Blaire, I'm here." I nodded.

  "Thanks, dad." He nodded again, looked around and got up.

"I'm ordering takeout tonight, any specific orders?" I shook my head.

  "I'll eat anything." He nodded and closed the door, I laid my head on the paper sighing. My phone buzzed I checked it, it was a message from Wade.

Wade; i'm so sorry baby i got grounded and my parents took my phone

Blaire; its okay .

Wade; are you sure ? its been awhile are you doing okay w your nightmares & everything ?

Blaire; honestly no wade they're getting worse i'm doing it in the day time now its horrible

Wade; i'm so sorry i wasn't here but please tell me

Blaire; can i call you instead ?

Wade; of course princess

I clicked on Wade's contact pressing the facetime button. His face popped up on the screen, he wore his black hoodie with headphones in.

"Hi, baby." He said in his accent, I lightly smiled.

  "Hi." It was quiet where he was at but over there it was a good type of quiet.

"How are you doing?" He asked snuggling in his hoodie.

  "Its so bad, Wade," I felt the tears run down. "i can't take it."

"No, no, baby, don't cry. It's okay." I wiped my eyes.

  "I can't sleep. I can't even go through the day without seeing these things." I wiped my eyes again.

"It'll be okay, baby, it'll be okay. I'll stay up with you all night. I won't leave you alone." I smiled.

  "I love you, Wade." He smiled widely.

"I love you too, Blaire." I hated when Wade saw me cry, even though he was the sweetest caring guy, I hated when he saw me cry.

  "I'm sorry, Wade, I didn't want you to see me cry." I apologized, Wade just lightly smiled.

"Don't be, tell me about them. What's going on?" He asked, I nodded and let out a breath.

  "It feels like I can interact with my nightmares." I said truthfully.

"Maybe you can. Like do they talk to you or something?" I nodded.

  "Yes. And there's always a butterfly somewhere or millions of them." He bit his lip.

"I don't know how this works, but maybe you should interact with them. But you just have to remember, Blaire, they won't hurt you." I nodded.

  "What if they do?" I asked.