Chapter 12| You're A Werewolf?

"So you're a werewolf?" I asked my childhood best friend, he nodded.

"Yes," Stiles looked at me, as if he was reading me. "I didn't tell you because a lot of stuff is going on here and we just wanted to protect you." I laughed.

"I'm a Stilinski," I leaned forward. "We can take care of ourselves." I said.

"Not this, Blaire, this is different." Scott said making me look at him. I crossed my arms.

"What is it?" I asked, Stiles and Scott looked at each other.

"This is something more dangerous, and if I can't protect any of us, then I just need you to stay away," Scott said, I scoffed. "Please."

"Are you kidding? You and Stiles really are best friends. If you want to protect me, you have to tell me what it is so I can protect myself." I remained calm, trying to not let my anger get in the way.

"They're called Oni's. And all we know is that the mountain ash keeps them away," Scott pulled out a bag from his pocket, coming closer to me, placing the bag into my hands. "if anything happens and I can't protect you, this will." He rolled the bag into my hand and I felt how warm he was.

"So you all expect to do this without me? Taking my baby brother with you?" I asked, Stiles sighed.

"Stop being stubborn for five minutes!" He shouted. "I may be your little brother, but I'm trying my hardest to protect you. This is serious, this is real."

"I'm trying my hardest to protect you! So you think since we're sixteen everything's okay and you can run off with Scott fighting all these super beings? Stiles, we're human, I know, but don't shut me out." I replied, Scott sighed.

"Stop. The negativity isn't helping the fact we have ancient beings trying to kill all of us!" Scott replied, Stiles came closer to us.

"All we need you to do, is just stay away and to not pull what you did in the woods. That wolf could have killed you." Stiles said, I scoffed.

"Whatever, Stiles. But just remember this the next time I shut you out." I walked up to my bedroom, laying on my bed. I sighed and rolled over to not face the door, I decided it was time to check on Dylan. I started calling him.

Blaire
Dylan

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dylan. Its your favorite cousin."

"Blaire! Hi, I miss you."

"I miss you too, Dyl. How have you been, my little one?"

"It sucks here without you. I want you to come back."

"I know, I'll come back soon. How's Auntie and Uncle?"

"They're okay, they miss you too. Wade even misses you, he told me."

"I know, and I miss all of you. I wanted to call and check up on you, school got into the way but I'm calling now."

"That's okay. School is trash without you."

"I'm sorry, buddy. How are your grades?"

"I think they're getting better. How's your sleeping?"

"Its better. Didn't even need the medicine."

"That's good. Tell Stiles and Uncle Noah I said hi, please."

"I will, Dyl. Remember I love you and you can do this."

"I love you too, Blaire. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Dyl."

I hung up the phone feeling a presence behind me. I didn't turn around, instead I closed my eyes and simply told him to go away.

"Just go away." I told him.

"I'm trying to protect you." Stiles said, I stayed still.

"I'm older, I have to protect you." He sighed.

"Because you think since mom's not here, you have to take her place. You don't have to, and you shouldn't carry that burden." I felt his hand hold my shoulder.

"Don't bring her into this." I said.

"Alright. I'm sorry, Blaire, but if I lose you too I'd go insane. Out of my mind insane." I hugged my pillow, Stiles soon got the message and left the room. I let out a breath another presence came into my room.

"Don't carry that burden on you. It will never help," Scott said, making me turn to face him. "trust me." He went to walk out of my room.

"Scott," I called making him stop walking. "please, look out for my brother. I can't lose him either." Scott nodded.

"I'll do everything to protect him. He's my best friend too," I nodded, he leaned closer to hug me. "get some sleep, its been a night." I nodded.

"Goodnight, McCall." He slightly smiled.

"Goodnight, Stilinski." I rolled on my side, telling myself to fall asleep. But Scott took over my mind, my best friend, a werewolf? What if my brother was the same thing? A few hours in I passed out, and I could feel that I'd regret it.

My body was numb, I was sitting in Stiles' jeep while he drove down the road, it felt like chains were wrapped around me. I couldn't move, I struggled to get out.

"Stiles! Stiles, help me!" I screamed, but Stiles paid no attention to me. "Stiles!" I screamed louder, I looked around it was foggy and Stiles was in the woods. He looked around for something but didn't look up in time, wrecking into a tree. "Stiles!" I screamed out in a cry.

I still couldn't get loose, I struggled and struggled but still couldnt get loose. I started screaming, Scott then came to grab Stiles out of the jeep, leaving me in the jeep still tied. Then a being behind him, shoved a katana into his chest, making me scream.

I woke up still screaming and hyperventilating. Stiles ran into my room dad trailing behind him. While struggling to breath, I stumble out of bed for my phone.

"Call Scott! Please, call Scott!" I wheezed for air while Stiles and dad held onto me trying to get me to calm down. "Stiles, call Scott! Please, call Scott!" I started balling my eyes out while still trying to catch my breath.

   "Blaire, hunny, I need you to calm down." Dad demanded softly, I gripped his shirt looking him in the eyes.

"Please call Scott! Call Scott!" I screamed again.

   "I'm calling him, Blaire, calm down!" Stiles screamed running into his room grabbing his phone and showing me he was calling Scott. Scott answered, Stiles putting him on speaker phone to prove he was there.

"Stiles, what's wrong?" Scott asked, Stiles slid the phone to me. I was still wheezing.

   "Scott! Scott." I said, my heart beat out of my chest, I almost threw up.

"Blaire, what's going on? Are you okay!" Scott shouted, and you could hear the worry in his voice. I slowly started to breathe again, but only resulted into sobbing on the floor, shaking.

   "Scott, are you okay?" I asked through the sobs.

"I'm fine, Blaire. What's going on?" He asked, I was still crying on the floor.

   "I watched you die. Right in front of me." I said, Stiles held me, grabbing my hand to let me know he was here.

"I'm alive and I'm okay, Blaire. Calm down." I nodded trying to remain calm, he was alive, Blaire. He's alive, stop crying.

   "I was stuck and I couldn't do anything, Scott. I was useless." I said crying more.

"You're not useless, Blaire. Please don't cry." I looked at my dad who looked down at me with a worried look, he pet my hair like mom used to and I felt like I was okay. "You're okay, Blaire. We're all okay." I nodded as if he was here.

You're okay, Blaire. You're okay.

yikes

word count; 1275