Calm Before the Storm

It wasn't every day that the three of you were able to just relax at the comfort of your home without the interruption of some sort of disaster or monster attack, which is why you tried to relish the peace and tranquility for the time being.

With metallic hands facing the dishes, one would think that the cyborg was planning to incinerate them, but rather than the usual intense firepower he'd display, his hands expelled gusts of warm air so as to speed up the drying time of the wet plates.

"(Name)-san, it seems that Saitama-sensei has moved up to Rank 2 in C Class. You're on the verge of entering B class. This is a cause for celebration"

Pausing your fingers from typing on the laptop, you turned your attention to the blond and nodded affirmatively, a wide grin etched on your beaming face as you grabbed said husband's hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"Genos is right, Sai. We should celebrate since you're just one more level away from being promoted! How does seafood hotpot sound? We could add crabs, shrimp, squid, and fish cakes!"

"I heard that there is also a sale on lobster at one of the nearby supermarkets as well. Perhaps we could purchase some as well, (Name)-san since this is a special occasion"

A warm aura surrounded you and Genos with how the both of you were so engrossed on what to add to the hotpot, smiles decorating your faces.

Now Saitama didn't really think that him nearing entering B class was that big of a deal, but he honestly couldn't bring himself to rain on his wife and student's parade with how much they seemed to be enjoying just planning their little celebration.

"Should I bake a cake for dessert? What do you want, dear? Cheesecake? Shortcake? Sponge cake? And what flavor?" There are so many variations of cake that it was hard to choose which one to make, which is why you opted to ask the celebrant himself what he wanted.

He could practically see stars in your eyes as you waited for his answer not unlike that of a puppy waiting for its master to praise it for doing something good.

You were too cute for your own good sometimes, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Why, it's only one of the many reasons he'd fallen in love with you after all.

"It's not that of a big deal though, (Name). The most that I'll get out of this promotion is that I won't have any weekly hero quotas anymore. Right Genos?"

"Correct—

RING RING RING!!!

Oh, excuse me"

For some reason you felt a sense of dread erupt from within you as teen answered his call.

You brushed it off however, opting to instead continue planning out your little celebration later.

Nothing bad was going to happen

.

.

.

.

.

Right?