Stay

"You're not going with us, (Name). You'll be much safer here at home while Genos and I take care of the seafolk at J City"

"But Saitama...I can't help but feel that something bad is going to happen and I know I won't be able to live with myself if I know that you two got hurt when I could have done something to help!"

On most occasions, you'd trust your husband to go off, fight monsters, and come back home without a scratch, but there was just a small feeling at the back of your head that kept nagging at you that something was amiss.

Sighing softly, the bald hero grabbed your hands with his gloved ones, intertwining his fingers with yours as he gazed down at you with a reassuring smile on his face.

"(Name), Genos and I will be fine. Have I ever not come back to you after work?" Even when he was still starting out and mostly got beaten up, he'd find the strength to at least limp or crawl back home to you again and again.

"If you're that worried, I can give you a status report on the both of us once we're done defeating the monsters, (Name)-san" Added Genos, trying to his best to also ease your worries as well.

As much as Saitama loved having you there to cheer him on during his fights, the last thing he wanted is for you to get caught in the crossfire. A situation that has happened more times than he could count, to be honest.

It's not that he doubted himself when it came to protecting you, but what kind of man would willingly put his wife in harm's way?

You bit your lip in frustration at how the two males didn't take you seriously, but decided to concede anyway. Heaving a small sigh and pressing your body against the yellow-clad hero, head leaning on his muscled chest.

"Fine, but...promise you'll be back as soon as you two are done?"

"Mhmm, we'll be back by dinner"

"Hai, (Name)-san. Sensei and I will do our best to not miss dinner"

Giving Saitama's hands one last squeeze and Genos a quick hug, you stepped away from your boys and waved at them, the corners of your lips tilting upwards into a gentle smile.

"You two better make sure that neither of you are hurt when you get back!"

That seemed to be enough of a signal for them the heroes to run out of the house and towards their destination barely a few seconds after you'd spoken.

As their forms disappeared, your lips transformed from a smile into a tight line.

There was no way you were going to stay home when your instincts were practically screaming at you to head to J City as well, or else something terrible was going to happen.

Grabbing a worn backpack filled with first aid medicine and other items you felt that you might need some time in the near future, an old but still functional and durable bicycle, and changing to a new set of clothes, you finally locked your house and made your way to the road.

Even if Saitama didn't want you to go, you didn't care if it meant being able to help them in some way.