Birth of A Hero

"You want me to...WHAT?"

"We want you to become a hero, Ms. (Surname)"

Truth be told, you should have expected this already but just like with your manuscripts, you'd pushed the possible notion that the Hero Association would try to recruit you into their ranks.

"With your display of powers and willingness to protect others even at the cost of your own life, it's only natural for you to become one"

"Besides, even though you aren't an official hero as of yet, the general public already views you as one due to your actions during the Seafolks' assault"

"Which is why it's simply imperative that you become one, Ms. (Surname). Just think of how much safer people will feel knowing that someone like you is out there protecting them"

At this point you could barely even put your own two cents in with how the board members kept on giving you reasons why you just had to join the association.

It was honestly all so overwhelming.

Luckily for you, your beloved always knew how to make you feel better.

"Hey, you don't have to become a hero, you know? I think trying to help people the way you are now is already perfect, but whatever you choose...just know that I'm with you every step of the way"

Saitama smiled at you as he squeezed your hand, his thumb stroking your palm to calm your frazzled nerves just like how you did it when he was in the same position.

The corners of your lips tilted upwards to form a smile, squeezing your husband's hand back before you turned to face the quartet who'd otherwise been silent spectators of your interactions with the bald male.

You didn't train as much as Saitama or Bang, nor did you have robotic enhancements on your body like Genos, but...you had powers.

Powers that you didn't know about until now nor did you understand, but you would continue to hone and discover with time and experience.

They were powers that COULD heal and protect innocent people and the ones you cared about the most.

Even if you didn't possess the strength to fight like Saitama or Genos...you had the courage to protect despite the nagging fear for your own life.

"I'll do it. I'll become a hero"