Prologue (1259 YoM)

Rayth ran down the dark path and into the Forest of Destiny. He had to find the safe house to hide, and think through what had happened.

After what seemed like hours, but was only minutes, he found it, but to his dismay it had already been destroyed.

Damn, he thought. That bastard thought about everything.

He started to walk deeper into the forest when he heard someone, or something, coming through the trees behind him. He prepared to strike knowing full well the terrifying creatures that could be found in this forest. It was one of the reasons the safe house was placed here. Timing his attack, he struck out at whatever was coming through the trees, only to stop himself in time from hitting his brother Jake who was closely followed by his second brother Iann.

"I am so glad to see you guys" he greeted.

"And same to you," replied Jake and Iann nodded. Iann had never spoken and was mute. No one knew why but he had never said a word. "We aren't safe yet. We need to get to the sanctuary and then it will be safe to talk."

And so together the three brothers went to the sanctuary, the one safe place left on the island, and discusssed what had happened and what they should do about it.