Chapter 3- What the future holds

(Niall is the size above)

-Louis' POV-
I've been working on Niall's things for hours now, he's still playing with the animals and I haven't stopped smiling. He's just too darn cute and I can't wait to get to know his personality more. God knows how long he was out there all alone, how could anyone just leave him like that, he's so small and fragile looking it hurts to think how he must of felt but it's all going to change for him now that he has us. Im gonna make sure he feels safe and loved every second of everyday and I'm positive Harry feels the same. Speaking of my curly haired husband I wonder how he's doing, how many pieces of furniture has he done and is he as excited as me?

After a little while I noticed my little baby is getting tired, he's just laying on the carpet next to the cat just petting her fur. I get up and walk over to little Niall and scoop him up "well I think you need a nap little one" I say to him even though I'm positive he's too tired to even listen to me. I put his head on my shoulder and walk towards our room, I set him on the bed and check his little make shift nappy. It's wet so I gently clean him up a bit so to not wake him, I lift his legs by using one of my hands to grab both his little ankles then use the same nappy to wipe him clean. Then I use a clean cloth, that I dipped in some clean water, to make sure he's completely clean and finally I grab another cloth and make another makeshift nappy out of it. Once I'm done I go to put him in his temporary crib but he grips my shirt and whimpers. "What's wrong honey bunny? I'm just gonna lay you down so you can nap, there's nothing to worry about" I coo in his ear but all he does is just whimper some more and tighten his grip on me so then I just decide to rock him until he's asleep for sure. I rearrange him so he's cradled in my arms and his head is in the crook of my elbow, "there there baby I'm here, there's nothing to be scared about" I say while rocking him. I continue with this for another 15 minutes and when I feel a little drool on the front of my shirt I realize he is finally in a deep sleep. I ever so gently put him down in his crib and place a light blanket on top of him since it is quite warm. I lean to give him a little kiss and push back some of his hair from his forehead. I get up from my leaning position and make my way towards the door. Right before I close the door though I look back one more time to just make sure my new little baby is safe and once I see him laying down and his hair lightly blowing because of the slight breeze in the room, due to the open window, I walk out.

Once i get to the living room I decide to call Harry over so I can see how much he's done, plus I miss him and wanna see his face too. I walk towards the front porch and whistle, I then hear him whistle back signaling he heard me and is on his way. I make my way inside and gather up the stuff I've made so I can show him.

"Hi baby, is there something you need I was in the middle of making his crib" he tells me while wiping his hands on a dish rag. "Nope just wanted to show you what I've done so far because little Nialler is sleeping, and I wanted to see you" I say sheepishly. He smiles and walks towards me, he puts his hand on my back and pulls me to him as he smirks. "Well the good thing you did because I was missing you too" he whispers against my lips right before he connects his with mine, we kiss for a while and not until it gets pretty heated do I stop. "No wait babe as much as I would love for us to have sex on the couch I called you over because I wanted to show you what I've done so far" I say with rapid breaths since I'm still slightly out of breath. "Oh yeah sure baby we'll just continue this tonight after the little lad is asleep" I nod with a smile on my face and then push him on the couch to sit so I can show him all I've done.

I get out all the outfits I've made and tell him to close his eyes so I can lay them out one by one. "Okay open your eyes"

 "Okay open your eyes"