Chapter 5- The Making of a Family

Harry and Louis never thought they'd have kids, being gay and all, but boy are they overjoyed that they have not one but three kids now. Life just seemed to be getting better and better for them...

On the way back from the village, Harry and Louis make small talk as they hold their children. Liam seemed calm being held by Louis  and Zayn seemed at ease in the wagon. Everything happened so fast but all they knew was that life was about to get a whole lot more interesting for all of them.

"Hey Lou can you check on Niall, I haven't felt him move in a while" Louis does and notices how the little lad is still asleep on his papa's back.

"He's fine Haz, he just fell asleep is all" Louis replied with a fond look on his face.

The walk took longer than usual, but they didn't mind at all. Their home was finally coming into view and they were so excited. Louis was thinking about how fun every day is going to be, waking up to children laughing and running around. Then when nightfall fell upon them they would wind down and cuddle until the kids went to bed.It was all so surreal for them.

As they walked closer to their gate, all their animals started to make their way over. And all the commotion also woke up Niall who slowly blinked his eyes open to get them accustomed to the sun's rays. He noticed that he was no longer in the arms of his favorite person in the world but on the back of his new papa. He sat up a bit and made his presence known when he rubbed his eyes with his little hand.

"Well hey there baby boy, are we finally awake now" questioned Louis, Harry tried to look behind him but was unsuccessful so he just reached back and rubbed little Niall's back as a show of affection.

Louis leaned down and kissed Niall on the cheek, a gesture he often does to reassure him that everything is alright. This made Niall smile shyly and lean against Harry again.

Once at the gate, the animals start approaching the newcomers, which made Liam quite nervous. However, Zayn was quite curious cause he'd never really been around them but always wanted to.

Both Louis and Harry bend down to deposit the boys on the ground and squat near them. "Okay little lads, I'm gonna introduce you to our animals real quick before we go inside. Here we have some chickens, they're the ones pecking my ankles. Over there we have some cows, they're the ones you hear say 'moo'. These right here are some sheep, they're real soft and their babies are called lambs. We also have pigs, donkeys, horses, cats and dogs. They are all so sweet and I'm sure you'll love every single one of them." Harry said smiling, looking at the boys and Louis.

"Do they bite?" Zayn asks, reaching out a hand towards a lamb hoping it'd let him pet it. "They are able to bite but never have before. So as long as y'all treat them nicely, they won't". Harry answers truthfully.

From the looks of it, Zayn was pretty fearless and Niall had already seen them before so he wasn't as anxious around them. But Liam seemed the most hesitant, his little fingers tightly gripping Louis' shirt and bottom lip quivering as if he'd start crying any second. Of course Louis notices and adjusts Liam so he's in front of him. "It's okay honey, they're real nice you know. They won't hurt you, I promise. They like to get real close but that's just because they like smelling us and they know we got food for them" Louis whispers to Liam, hoping to ease his worries and it works because not a second later Louis spots a little grin on Liam's face when one of the pigs comes up to them and starts sniffing them in hopes of finding food.

As Harry stands back, he just smiles at the sight of his little family all getting acquainted with each other. He really doesn't want to ruin the moment but as dusk approaches he knows that there's a lot to do before putting the boys to bed. "Well Louis, what do you say about giving them all quick baths and getting dinner started?" Harry says, getting everyone's attention. "I say, that's a wonderful Idea Haz. Come on munchkins, let's get clean!" Louis says excitedly while Picking up Niall and taking a hold of Liam's hand. With one hand, Harry takes a hold of Zayn's and with the other he continues pulling the wagon towards their home.