Future Foe

I got back to STAR Labs, and saw Dr. Wells and Caitlin looking at me. Cisco was in the training room. Barry was with him.

"Are you going to disappear on us again?" Caitlin asked.

"No." I promised. I realized that I was here a few weeks ago.

"Anna?" Caitlin asked, standing in the doorway of the right lab, leading to the training room.

"Anna's back?" Cisco yelled from the training room.

"How long was I gone?" I asked, scratching my neck.

"Three days." Caitlin said, an angry scowl on her face.

"Sorry." I apologized.

Cisco and Barry came into the Cortex from the training room, and Wells wheeled in from the hallway.

"Ah. Ms. Dumas. Glad to have you back." Wells said.

"So... Is there a new meta?" I asked, coming back from my mind.

"There is. This new metahuman is forcing people into comas." Cisco said as he and Barry walked into the Cortex.

"How many people are in comas right now?" I asked

"One. Amont Derbun." Caitlin said.

"But over the past 10 months, 17 people have died from mysterious comas. We think this meta has been killing for a long time." Barry said.

"Do we have a plan?" I asked.

Everyone avoided eye contact with me. They were keeping something from me.

"We have to wait." Barry said.

"Wait? If we wait, then that man dies." I said, not liking their plan.

"We can't help him. We have to catch the metahuman before he takes another person." Dr. Wells said.

"No -." I tried to argue, but Barry interrupted me.

"Anna, we can't help that man. This meta takes control of the other person's mind and doesn't let them go until they die." Barry explained.
"We can't do anything to help him. I want to help him, I really do. But we're too late. The next best thing we can do is save the next victim." Caitlin said.

I kept quiet, accepting what the team was telling me. Dr. Wells looked at me, waiting for me to acknowledge that I understood that I couldn't do anything to help that man.

I nodded at him. He nodded once.

"Let's go see what Joe's found." Barry suggested to me.

I agreed, and followed him to the CCPD. Joe was at his desk, with Eddie. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't help that man.
"Hey, find anything?" Barry asked Joe.