Still Works

I kept having this nightmare about Zoom. Every night, Harry would come into my room and make sure I was okay. I thought the gesture was sweet, but also very out of character.

"As some of you may well know, I've been deeply embroiled in a secret, one-sided battle with an invisible enemy." Cisco began his epic monologue.

"No. Not the Turtle again." Caitlin groaned.

"What? What is the? Who is the Turtle?" Barry asked.

"It's Cisco's white whale." Caitlin said.
"Half whale, half turtle." Jay said.

"Mmm, no. Do you see what you're doing, Caitlin? Everybody's confused now." Cisco said.
"Get to it." Harry said, holding his hands above his head.

I stared at his arms and bit my lip a little.

"I stumbled upon a few of these cases when we were looking for the Reverse Flash. Robberies that were seemingly committed at high speed. People holding their beloved items, one second those items were gone the next. Tell me what you see." Cisco said, playing a video.
"So he can, what? Stop time?" Caitlin asked.
"Right up my alley." I said, rubbing my hands together.

"No, no, no. Look at the time code. It's still running." Cisco said.
"Yeah, okay. So if he's not stopping time, what is he doing?" Barry asked.

"He's slowing down everything around him." Cisco said, stopping the video.
"Not up my alley." I corrected myself.
"And that is why we call him the Turtle." Cisco said.
"Why have you never mentioned this guy to me before?" Barry asked.
"Oh, I don't know. I think we've just been a little distracted, you know? What with Captain Cold and the Weather Wizard and Gorilla Grodd. Do I need to go on?" Cisco asked.
"Okay, so if we can catch him, figure out how he uses his powers...." Jay suggested.
"Maybe we can show Zoom what life is like in the slow lane." Cisco said.
"How would you even know where to find him?" Harry asked

"Well the robberies in the videos all correspond with police reports. That were dismissed as lost or missing items, instead of thefts." Barry said.
"There were a lot of those a while back." I said.

"The suspects MO being?" Jay asked
"Items of immense personal value." I said.

Barry typed away at his computer, and saw something that wasn't good.
"Oh! It appears that there's a press conference at the CCPD because the Vandervoort diamonds have just been recovered." Caitlin said as I popped out of there.

"...that the famed Vandervoot diamonds have been returned to their rightful owner." Singh said.

"The real gem is the return of my great grandfather's ring. Getting that returned to the family is what's most priceless to me." Said Mr. Vandervoot.

"Gotcha." Barry said, looking down at a guy taking photos of the diamonds.

The guy we thought we had, was the wrong guy. I was mid- time jump when I slowed down. The Turtle grabbed the ring and winked at Barry and I as he walked away.

As soon as the guy left the room, Barry finished running. He ended up across the room. I popped back in.
"The ring is gone. Lock this place down. No one leaves this room. Sweep the precinct." Singh said as I flashed out of there.

"Well, the good news is, whatever the Turtle did, ti only affected temporarily." Caitlin said as we walked back into the Cortex.
"Yo! What was it like? Being in Turtle time?" Cisco asked.
"Yeah, no. It was weird." I said.
"It was like waves of inertness. Like all the energy was suddenly sucked out of my body and then it would return." Barry explained.

"That's because that's exactly what was happening." Harry said.
"Oh." I said.
"He has the ability to transfer all the surrounding kinetic energy into himself." Harry continued.
"Leaving everyone else in a temporary state of potential energy." Jay said.
"That's right." Harry replied.