We're all Alarmed!

After Barry and Firestorm saved Central City from the singularity, I made my way to ARGUS where I had them build a device to temporarily disable my powers. I didn't want to risk altering the timeline at all, with my given powers.

After I had my powers temporarily disabled by a sonic device based on Laurel Lance's was created to get rid of my powers, I returned to Central City where I continued my job at the CCPD. Although I worked close with Joe and Cisco, I kept to myself. Caitlin went off to work at Mercury Labs, and Iris seemed to get over Eddie's death. I don't think I got over Eobard's death. On one hand, I hated him and on the other, I loved him. In some strange sick way.

I stood next to Joe and Cisco at the Flash Day rally. The mayor had just walked up on stage to address the crowd.

"Good morning, Central City!" addressed the mayor.

" A year ago, our world changed. Our city became ground zero, for some pretty weird stuff. We got a new breed of criminal. Men and women who defied not only our laws, but physics and reason. But we got something else, too. We got the Flash." The Mayor said.

The crowd went wild, cheering for the Scarlet Speedster.
"Our wounds run deep, and I know many of you are afraid of what threats tomorrow may bring. But the Flash doesn't just protect us, he restores hope where it was lost. That's why I'm honored to present the key to the man who saved Central City. The Flash!" said the Mayor as he held up the key to the city.
The crowd cheered again, but quieted down when Barry didn't show. Just as we thought he wasn't going to show, Barry raced by and appeared on stage. The crowd began cheering for the Flash.
"Flash! Flash! Flash!" They chanted over and over again. Barry waved a little, then walked closer to the mayor.

"The doors to Central City will forever be open for you, Flash." Said the Mayor as he presented the Flash with the key.

Suddenly a woman screamed and a large metal container came flying across the sky.

"Look out!" Joe screamed.

The container crashed down, and Barry managed to get the Mayor out of the way in time. Barry turned around, looking for the metahuman that decided to attack. A tall man, covered head to toe in black, with a mask stood waiting for a fight.
"I got this." Barry told Joe. The man in black removed his hood and stalked closer to the Flash.
"The man who saved Central City. Hate to rain on your parade." He said.
Barry ran at him, but the guy swatted him away like a fly. Barry landed with a groan on top of a car. Joe began to fire at the masked man, but the bullets just bounced right off.

The masked man removed his coat, and shoved an entire police car at a few officers.

"Cisco!" Joe yelled. I glanced back at him. He seemed to be off in his own mind.

"The Boot!" Joe exclaimed when Cisco came to.
"Right." He said running to the back of the car. He came back a second later.
"Locked and loaded. Go." He said, handing Joe the Boot. Joe gave me his gun, which probably wasn't the best idea since I never passed an arms test.

Joe shot the meta, and electricity from the boot zapped the meta.
"Booted." Cisco and I said.

The metahuman surged and grew in size. My mouth dropped as he grew to be at least 15 feet or taller.

"Cisco, you said this thing would take him down. He's not going down." Joe said.

"He went up." Cisco said as Barry raced off.

Joe gave Cisco the gun again.
"Run! Run!" he told him. I gave Joe his gun back, and ran off with Cisco.

A large explosion came from behind us. The metahuman shrunk back to normal human size.